10.07.2011

Stuffed Chicken With a Kick

Abby, thank you for your amazing blog! If it weren't for your daily posts of DE-LISH looking meals Scott and I would eat the same four things (in rotation, of course).

Peeps, I'm telling you, if you haven't checked out Abby's blog, PLEASE DO SO! You will NOT be disappointed - and neither will your taste buds or tummy! Click here to view your next dinner. :)

For those of you who haven't been fortunate enough to follow her, I'm going to share her Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe. I made it the other night and it became an instant hit in our house. This recipe is going in the permanent keeper collection.

On to the goods.

I prepped this dish at 9:30a.m. and wanted to make, and eat it, right then. Skip the cereal when you know you have this to look forward to!
Excuse my poor photography skills. I could NOT WAIT to sink my teeth into this chicken!

Jalapeno Popper Chicken
4 large chicken breast (I used 5, as my chicken was on the smaller side)
4 jalapenos
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (use 2% to scale back on calories)
4 oz cream cheese (again, use reduced fat or fat free to cut back on cals)
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup panko
1 packet taco seasoning
1 egg

* I could not find regular panko in the grocery store, so I just improvised and used a total of 1 1/4 cups of bread crumbs - worked well!

Preheat oven to 350.
Remove seeds and chop up jalapenos.
In a mixing bowl combine jalapenos, cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
In a separate mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, panko and taco seasoning.
Whisk egg in a small bowl.
Slice thawed chicken along one side, creating a pocket.
Stuff chicken breasts with jalapeno and cheeses mixture.
Dip stuffed chicken in egg, and then coat with bread crumb/panko/taco seasoning mix.
Place in baking pan (if you're using a metal pan, be sure to spray with a non-stick spray), and bake for 30 minutes.

End result is a dish that will leave you begging for more.

*If you like your food more on the spicy side, leave some of the jalapeno seeds in the mix. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to spice (let's be honest, mild salsa is sometimes too much for me), so I nixed the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment