10.01.2011

Bacon Ranch Crock Pot Chicken

A few days ago it was pretty warm, and I had no desire to turn on the oven, or the stove. It was time to pull out the crock pot!

After a little online searching I found a chicken recipe that looked oh-so delicious. I figured I'd give it a try.

The recipe was E-A-S-Y and the end result was FABULOUS! This is a keeper! I did make a few slight changes, you'll find those in parenthesis.

The original recipe stated the chicken mixture would go well with rice or potatoes. Scott and I agreed potatoes would make this dish too heavy. The egg noodles were light, but left us satisfied.

Bacon Ranch Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp real bacon bits (I used turkey bacon bits)
1 tsp minced garlic (I pressed my garlic, and was very liberal with the amount used)
1 package Ranch dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used cream of asparagus and added one can of water, but any cream of fill-in-the-blank soup would probably work well)
1 cup sour cream (I used fat-free)
Chopped celery (optional)
Chopped carrots (optional)
Sliced onion (optional)
Egg noodles (the recipe didn't say how much egg noodle to cook, so I used the whole bag)
You could add pretty much any veggie you want. If I could get Scott to eat mushrooms those tasty delights would have made their way into the mix.

Combine bacon, garlic, Ranch dressing mix, soup (and water if needed/desired), sour cream, and veggies ; mix well.
Place thawed chicken in bottom of crock pot.
Place soup mix over chicken.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
*My chicken wasn't totally thawed, so I cooked on low between 5 and 6 hours. When I took the chicken out it was so tender it was falling apart.
About 30 minutes before cooking is complete, take chicken out of mix and shred. Place shredded chicken back in crock pot and mix well.
About 15 minutes before cooking is complete, boil water and cook egg noodles for about 5 minutes. (You could cook the noodles well in advance and just add them in about 15 minutes before completion of cooking.)
 After cooking noodles, place them in the crock pot and mix with shredded chicken and soup mix. Let chicken and noodle mix complete cooking.

A fantastic dish with plenty of left overs!


Source: crockpotgirls.com

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I just ate a (footlong... oops) chicken bacon ranch sammy from Subway so clearly I love that combo.

    ReplyDelete