5.17.2016

Fix #6

Fix #6 arrived over the weekend. YAY!
For this fix I had our annual trip to Cabo in mind. I'm in dire need of some new clothes that are acceptable for the beach as well as all summer long. Along with beach-worthy clothes I also asked for some sandals that would be beach and summer appropriate.

I requested Alex or Raquel, both of whom have prepared fixes for me in the past. I was so pleased when I discovered Raquel was my stylist again.
Enough chit chat. Moving along to the beach-themed fix!

Level 99 || Cindie Printed Linen Short
Admittedly, when I saw these shorts I was a little hesitant. I'm not sure I've ever owned shorts with a print on them - especially not a print that involves a floral design. I had mixed feelings. And then I put them on. Geez, Louise. The fit was perfect, the length was just right, and I could totally see myself wearing these out to dinner at The Office one evening with Scott. 
Verdict || KEPT!

Pixley || Landers Lattice Crochet Detail Tank
I've been seeing so many cute crochet detailed items out there, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't desperately want one for my own closet. I was thrilled when I pulled this gem out of the box. 
The lace detail is minimal, but adds such a boost to a top that would otherwise just be another tank. The straps are wide enough that they cover bra straps. It's super lightweight. And, I love that the back hangs just a bit longer than the front.
Verdict || KEPT!

Gilli || Sebastian Maxi Dress
Just looking at the style card I knew this was going to end up on a hanger in my closet.
I'm a sucker for navy. Throw in some stripes? It's basically a done deal. The v-neck. The fabric with the forgiving bit of stretch (also perfect for nursing). The dress is light and airy. Not to mention the skirt hits pretty low to the ground, of which I'm a big fan. I couldn't NOT keep this!
Verdict || KEPT!

Papermoon || Lupita Cross-Back Top
The colors of this tank are 150% me. I love the blue and turquoise, it's totally something you'd find in my closet. But, it's such a sheer top. And, the arm holes are cut quite low. There is no way I could wear this without a cami underneath. While I do like how it looks on (with the cami), I'm a fan of how the back is longer than the front, and the back detail is adorable, but I'm so undecided. It's cute on, but I'm not sure I'll be pulling this one from the closet often. Do I keep it??? HELP!!!
Verdict || Undecided! HELP!

Franco Sarto || Grip Thong Sandal 
These beauts will literally go with ev.er.y.thing. The color kind of picks up on whatever is being worn. A cross between a silver-ish and a gold-ish. They are insanely comfortable. I could throw them on for a beach day, or slip them on for an easy transition to complete any cute outfit. It's obvious where this is going...
Verdict || KEPT!! 

What do you think?? Did you love this fix as much as I did? And seriously, I need to know, do I keep the Papermoon Cross-Back top?!


Are you a Stitch Fixer? No? What are you waiting for?
For $20 a box, a personal stylist will hook you up with some fun, cute clothes. If you love what's sent your way, the $20 is then applied to your total. Don't love anything? The $20 is about what it would cost you in gas to head to the mall. Toss in the mandatory Starbucks you grab while shopping at said mall, and you've easily spent $20+. Not to mention, you get to have a little fashion show in the comfort of your own home (it is so awesome to be able pull pieces from your closet and jewelry box to see if they'll go well with a Stitch Fix item). Wins all around, if you ask me.

Give it a shot! It's honestly one of the most fun things I've done for myself in a very, very long time. It doesn't hurt that my wardrobe is seeing some major improvements from it as well.
Click here to get started on your profile (pssst, making a profile is free - you aren't charged a styling fee until you receive your fix).


32 comments:

  1. I love everything from this box! Your stylist hit it out of the park. I looooove those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got some great stuff in this box!! My thoughts on the blue/turquoise tank is that it's really really cute!! I think you should keep it!! And can I say how insanely jealous I am that you are going to Cabo!!! =)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great haul! So many keeps and they are all so fabulous on you and perfect for Cabo! Those shorts and that maxi dress, I just love.

    I really like the cross back top and think that in this case if it isn't a top you pull out often it is OK because it isn't a daily kind of top. I think it is fun, flirty and perfect for warm weather. See if you have many bottoms in your closet that will go well with it and if the answer is yes, then it's a no brainer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fix! Don't you get a discount if you keep everything? If so, I'd get that top for the discount! :) It's cute enough and if it's colors you love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say you keep it all for the discount and chalk this up as the best fix ever. I LOVE everything. I do actually really like the top too. The colors are fun and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously you should keep it because then you get to keep all 5! Plus it looks good on you. All the items look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally keep the shirt - I'm sure it would cost you money to send it back with the discount, and it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great box. I love the maxi dress and the printed shorts! I like that top you are questioning but if you feel like you won't wear it, send it back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Papermoon Cross-Back tank is ok from the front, but I love love love the back of it! You should definitely keep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic fix!!! Yes I definitely think you should keep that cross-back top!!!! Besides it being super cute, you may actually end up paying less if you keep all five items?? Also, perhaps you could get one of those lacy sports-bra looking bras. I don't know what they're called, but all the girls at my school wear them all the time with shear/open back tops and dresses. I feel like it's the classy way to show your bra! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great Fix!! I love love the Maxi Dress, and it's so flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got some great items!! I say keep the top- I love the colors. Seriously, everything looks so great! I'm jealous. My first fix was kind of a dud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep it alllllll and get that discount!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a great fix. I would keep it all and get the discount!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a perfect Fix! I love it all! That dress looks amazing on you! Keep it all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! This is a perfect fix. I love everything you got and it just all screams Desiree to me! I think you should keep them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best fix ever! Keep them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything on you and girl you are looking great! Not sold on the blue and turquoise top. Also that navy dress just screams 4th of July to me, love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress fits you like a dream! I love the shirt color and back detail in you. I'd keep it too!! You get a discount for keeping them all right? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Since I sent you a text this AM you know how I feel about the should I keep or should I return top. You really got a great box this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The shorts are a total fun surprise! And that striped maxi! I begged for it in my most recent fix, but instead just got something similar. It looks so good on you. And Desiree... all your hard work is totally paying off. Your body is bangin'!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Keep it all!!!! Best fix EVER!
    I seriously LOVE that dress on you! So glad you're keeping that.
    I don't think I've ever owned (or at least it's been a while) shorts with a pattern on them (though I did just buy some that looked VERY similar for my niece for my birthday - we could be twinsies!) but I LOVE these ones and they look so great on you!
    Ok basically, I love everything. Keep it all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything in your fix!! I would totally keep that blue top you're unsure of! It's so cute and I LOVE that it's longer in the back! I am definitely pinning this for my own fix!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that dress! You had a great box this month. I have never owned shorts with a pattern on them as well. Everything looked great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Um, keep it all! Best box I've seen you get!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, that fix was a slam dunk! For sure keep that top - it's super flirty w/ the back cut like that! Perfect for summer and CABO!!! Nothing wrong w/ wearing a cami under it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great fix! I say keep it all so you get the discount! Every single thing you got I want too :) Totally a winner Stitch Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I got the same dress! Isn't it so comfy?! It looks amazing on you, I'm glad you kept it. Amazing fix. I think you should keep it all! Although I'm sure it's belated now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a see through top similar to that and I wear a striped tank underneath. It's so cute how it shows through. Great fix!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I swear you are what Stitch Fix was made for! As usual everything looks great on you, even the shirt you don't know what to do with(I hope you kept it by the way). I really like the sandals & I hope you continue to love them and get plenty of wear during the warmer summer months! I so wish I could make more use of this grand idea but alas the sizes just don't work for me at this venture in my size life, I just love how all the items come packaged in the box. Love getting to read your Stitch updates, although they do make me a bit jealous, I continue to read though. Hope you enjoy all your new pieces to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete