8.30.2013

High-5 for Friday!

HALLELUJAH for Friday! I'm not sure about you, but this week has been r-o-u-g-h. Between Scott putting in 1.8 million hours at work, and Marcus trying to get back into a sleep schedule, this week couldn't come to an end fast enough.

Because it's Friday that means we're high-fiving with Abby at Is This How Parenting Works? !

1. The past two mornings Marcus has "slept in" until 6:30. While I wouldn't mind another 30 minutes of sleep, it's better than 5:30, so I'll take it. 

2. Pretty sure the little man has added a few more words to his very tiny vocabulary. We're hearing "hey!" and "Colt" (our neighbor's name is Colt), and I think he's trying to make the "vroom vroom" sound when he plays with his trucks. Keep the words coming, Little Man. Keep them coming.

3. Even though Scott is going to be gone for most of the weekend I FULLY expect him to come back home loaded with the best BBQ sauce to ever grace this planet.  
Head HERE to order this gloriousness in a bottle. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. 
4. Baby gym classes are paying off. Not only does Marcus expend some SERIOUS energy, which leaves him to taking TWO HOUR NAPS (praise the Lord), I've also made some new friends. 
Girls night out with one of my new friends (hi, Kylie)!
What better way to hang out than with some baseball. We had awesome seats, amazing views of the city, and it was all FREE!
5. With the long weekend I thought I'd share a favorite recipe that would be GREAT for any Labor Day party. It's one of my favorites, and it makes a TON.

Salad
1 box small or medium shell pasta
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 cups red grapes, slided
4 stalks celery, chopped (or 1 medium cucumber, chopped)
1/4 cup white onion chopped

Dressing
1 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl.
In a separate blow mix dressing ingredients and add dressing to salad. Mix well.

Tip: The salad tastes better if it it left in the refrigerator for a few hours, or overnight.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Salad inspiration: Danielle Walsh

13 comments:

  1. I might need to buy some of that sauce! Eric bought a smoker this week and we're smoking some ribs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that Chicken pasta salad sounds and looks soo good! I may have to make it this weekend! And...I bet the game was awesome! However, we are HUGE Red Sox fans here so I was pretty happy to see the Sox win =) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for more sleep and the baby gym classes! I'd love to get Jackson into a class like that. Yay for more words in Marcus' vocabulary as well! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken Salad with grapes is my FAVORITE!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, that chicken salad looks amazing! I hope you get that extra 30 minutes of sleep soon...you deserve it!

    P.S. You're blog looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I have a BBQ to go to this weekend. I just may try that salad...maybe - or have Mr. Big bring something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for new words and new friends :) You look beautiful :) and chicken salad sounds like something my mom used to make, try curry in it :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute in your baseball tee! Love baseball games, they are so relaxing & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhh I love BBQ sauce! I'm definitely going to have to try that one out. The best one I've ever had so far is called Sweet Baby Ray's. Oh man. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ashamed to admit that despite living in KC for 26 years, I just ate at Oklahoma Joe's for the first time in July. It was delicious! My family always stuck to Gates or Jack Stack, and I never thought it was necessary to try others. I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baseball games are the best! And I was sooo looking forward to Friday too....this whole weekend really.....need to recover from the first couple weeks of school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! That pasta salad looks to die for! And don't get me started on the BBQ sauce!

    ReplyDelete