8.23.2013

17 Months Old!

To my little man,

You're getting to be such a big boy, it almost hurts to see you growing right before my eyes. Months ago I told your daddy I wished I could keep you as my little baby. While you will always be my baby, you are certainly becoming quite the little boy. Every day you do something new, and every day you make my heart happier than I ever though possible.

Unofficial Stats
Height: 34(ish) inches -  95th percentile
Weight: 30(ish) pounds - 95th percentile
Teeth: 17


Right now you:
  • ... have absolutely no fear. You dive into our backyard pool, no problem; you jump into the big pool like you own the place; you climb and explore with the best of them.
  • ... think you are one of the "big boys," and love hanging out with the "big boy" neighbors. It's so fun watching you play with them (rather, watching them play with you).
  • ... love to spin in circles. It's hilarious to watch as your equilibrium tries to catch up with the rest of you.
  • ... eat much better if you're NOT in your highchair. You would much rather eat an entire meal while running around outside, or swimming, or playing, or doing anything but sitting in your chair.
  • ... seem to have added the words "go, go, go," and "ewwww," to your vocabulary. I'm not sure if these are really words you're saying, but I'm counting them as so. You need to step up your vocab, mister.
  • ... appear to have a pretty good throw. When you play catch, more often than not, you hit your intended target. Future ball player? Fingers crossed.
  • ... love watching cars and trucks go by on the street. We sit at the corner and watch the cars. A lot. It's one of the few times you'll sit still for longer than two minutes. Big trucks and trains are your utmost favorite, though. They captivate you more than anything else.
  • ... think you need to walk Drake when ever we take him out. 
  • ... tease Drake with your food. You pretend to throw your food, and have a grand old time watching as Drake tries to find the phantom food.
  • ... love to "brush" your teeth. You don't do much brushing, it's more just sucking on the bristles, but it's a start. I'll take what I can get, considering you refuse to let me help you.
  • ... would rather run than walk. 
  • ... find great pleasure in flushing the toilet. Over, and over, and over, and over...
  • ... have peed on the big boy toilet a total of two times. Both times have been right before you get into your bath. We're not pushing potty training, yet, but right before bath time you feel the need to pee on the floor when we take your diaper off. We think we've found a solution that will hopefully transition into potty training.
  • ... have this mischievous grin, and devilish little laugh. Your daddy and I love them.
  • ... look for approval when you know you've done something good, or completed a task. 
  • ... think you're pretty independent.
Don't grow up on me too fast. This stage has been a blast, and I'm loving watching you grow into such a fun little boy. 

Happy 17 Months, Monkey! Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back, twice. 

14 comments:

  1. Happy 17th months to my absolute favorite 17 month old! :) He is such a happy, good kid because he has the best parents ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world does he have 17 teeth?! Hayden only has 7 (and a half) hah!

    I swear boys are born without fear, it's enough to give their mama's grey hairs early on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a handsome little man! I love being able to watch him grow through your blog. Keep up the good work, mom & dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 17th Months old! So CUTE! :)

    Laura @ Mice in the Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! He sounds a lot like Jackson with the independence, love for cars/trucks, the eating better when not sitting in his high chair, love for brushing his teeth and the need to step up the vocabulary. I so wish we lived closer, I think Jackson and Marcus would be good friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is too cute! Those cheeks kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture is ADORABLE!!! GAH!!! They just grow too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh they do grow so fast! I loved your video on instagram of him diving into his pool and going under without it bothering him. It was too cute! Happy 17 months Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love him and his cheeks!!

    Mace would rather eat running around the house too! He lasts like three minutes in his high chair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of the potty training! that is awesome!

    And he is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Marcus,
    I love you.

    The stranger in Texas,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww! Happy 17 months Marcus! You are one handsome little devil, and your mom and dad will be beating the girls away when you're older.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 17 months Marcus!!! He is adorable!! I love his pics! :)

    ReplyDelete