8.28.2013

What? It's Only Been Two Months...

Time for So What Wednesday!

So what if...
  • ... I just finished the tabs at the header of my blog. I've only had this blog design up for two months. Whoops. Now there is actual content in the "about me", "my family", "recipes", and "fitness" tabs. 
  • ... I'm just not that excited about the upcoming three-day weekend. Scott's going to be gone for most of it. Boo.
Image source
  • ... my "short" runs this week have been... less than stellar. We're experiencing "monsoonal moisture" (a fancy way to say, "humidity"). I am not a fan. I've lived in California long enough to become a huge baby when it comes to the weather. If it's not 72 and sunny it's not a nice day. The past week has been 84 and humid as all get out. No thank you. Can't I just run the "long" runs on Saturdays and call it good? (Grant, if you're reading this, this has not been my training plan of attack. I just wish it was.)
Image source
  • ... I'm too tired for anymore "so what's." Every day this week Marcus has been waking before the sun comes up. I thought we were on the road to "sleeping in" until 7:00. Apparently that was all a fluke and the little turd seems to think 5:15 is an appropriate time to rise and shine. His mommy does not share his early bird enthusiasm.
Image source
To link up with the So What fun just click that button below!

So What Wednesday

15 comments:

  1. This summer is the first time my boys have ever slept past 7:00. Most times they are up between 6 and 6:30. During the week, no biggie, but on the weekends? It sucks! :) Luckily they are now old enough to be able to turn on their own cartoons, hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I remember when Hannah went though that phase. It sucked! She still has to wake up as soon as the soon comes through the curtain, but luckily I can usually stretch it until 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat index here this week has been over 100 degrees!! I do not feel sorry for you :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michigan is going through a "heat wave" of mid-80 degree weather and it's super muggy. I've given my running shoes a break for the week.

    Not really feeling the 3 day weekend (actually a 4 day weekend for me) either. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to work, so no Labor Day fun for me either.....but I am getting paid DOUBLE so I'll take it!

    The humidity here is KILLER....come for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The humidity sucks - I was lagging big time on my run Monday evening...yesterday and today are my days "off" since the weather is extremely rainy and humid these 2 days - it has got to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would die. I mean it... DIE!! if Connor got up that early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me let you in on a little tip.... Cartoons. I know people say cartoons aren't that great for kids, but I disagree. When Brady decides he is up for the day at 4:30 am, I just turn on a "show" for him. I fall back asleep on the couch with him snuggled up watching tv. When the "show" ends, I turn on another one. That way I can still sleep, and I know that my house isn't going to be destroyed. It's a Win Win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're hovering around 96 degrees here all week and 1million% humidity. You're lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are your short runs ... 3-4 miles?
    I'm slacking this week ... The treadmill is my friend right now. I have a feeling my next outside run will be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your updated header!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no...I don't think I could do 5:00 am and still be able to be functional! Oh...and the little image of the guy running...that was so me today!

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl I hear ya on the weather. It's been ridiculously hot and humid here, today is 102. Yuck! I haven't ran AT ALL in over a week because it's been too hot. That's great for my half training huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 72 and sunny is perfect weather. I would be all sorts of spoiled if that was my weather almost everyday. Slightly jealous. I guess it's only fair you get to experience the humidity :0

    And Marcus! Stop waking up so early. Not nice. Good thing you're cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I just take a moment and dream about your 72 degree weather...It's 84 now at 10pm tomorrow it will be 99...help us lord...

    ReplyDelete