11.30.2011

White Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for awhile now, pinners raving about how great it was/is. The recipe was on my "Want to Try It" board, and lucky for me, I had all but one ingredient on hand (green chilies, they'll get you every time). One quick run to the grocery store and I was in business to whip these up.

The verdict? OH. MY. GOODNESS. YES!!!!

Here you go...
White Chicken Enchiladas
10 soft shell tacos (I used flour shells and only needed 6 - my shells were medium, maybe a small shell would have required 10)
2 cup cooked, shredded chicken (I've found the easiest way to accomplish this task is boil chicken and then shred with two forks when the chicken is still warm)
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (I had some Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese that needed to be used up, so I threw that in as well)
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth (I used the reduced sodium)
1 cup sour cream (lighten it up with fat free)
1 - 4 oz can diced green chilies

Preheat oven to 350.
If you're using a pan that requires greasing, go ahead and get that done.
In a mixing bowl combine shredded chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese.
Roll chicken/cheese mix in tortillas and place in baking pan.
In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
Stir in sour cream and green chilies. Do not boil - curdled sour cream might not go over so well.
Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 22 minutes, and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

Welcome to chicken-y, cheesy, fabulousness.
Make this. Please!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment