11.22.2011

Easy Herb Roasted Potatoes

It's no secret, I'm a potato fein! Mashed, smashed, whipped, baked, french fried, scalloped (minus any ham), any way you prepare 'em I'll eat 'em. I think it's a trait I picked up on the Dudding side; if I'm not mistaken, my Aunt Barb LOOOOVES mashed potatoes, and those puppies are my ALL TIME FAVORITE dish, hands down.

To keep things interesting, and to try something other than mashing them, I searched for a roasted potato recipe and found one that was super easy.

Easy Herb Roasted Potatoes

1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges (I had red potatoes, and I like the skin of potatoes, so I used what I had and kept the skin on)
1 Tbsp melted butter*
1 Tbsp vegetable oil*
2 tsp dried parsley (if you have the fresh stuff use 2 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp dried dillweed (not a fan of dillweed, I omitted it)
1/2 tsp dried Rosemary, crumbled
1/2 tsp onion powder, optional
1/4 tsp garlic powder, optional
1 tsp Thyme (wasn't on the original recipe, but I threw it in anyway)
1/2 tsp Seasoned Poultry (again, not on the original recipe, but I had in in my spice rack and it smelled good, in it went:)
salt and pepper
*The next time I make these I'll cut the amount butter and oil used in half. 
Preheat oven to 375.
Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly grease foil.
Combine potatoes, spices, oil and butter in a plastic zip lock (leave the salt and pepper out).
Mix in the bag until the potatoes are throughly coated.
Arrange potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and nicely browned.

Chalk up another potato dish I won't say no to! Even Scott commented on the tasty potatoes, and he's not the starch hound I am. This is a keeper!!

Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment