11.23.2011

Better Than... Ummm.. Errr... Cake :)

To keep it PG, I've omitted the third word of the recipe. But, use a little imagination, taste the cake, and then you can probably fill in the blank.

It's a pretty commonly known fact, I'm not a chocolate or cool whip fan. Never have been, never will be. Chocolate milk? Gross. Chocolate ice cream? No thanks. Chocolate cake? Not for my birthday. Cool whip on my pumpkin pie? Never. Buuuuut, put a slice of this little piece of heaven on my plate and I promise I'll devour it.

Better Than *** Cake
1 box German Chocolate Cake mix (or if you're super awesome in the kitchen and have a German Chocolate cake recipe you like, go ahead and use your recipe)
1 container Cool Whip (to skinny this up as much as possible - and let's face it, there's not much skinny about this - I used Cool Whip Lite)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (again, tried to skinny it up with the reduced fat)
1/2 jar fudge topping (yup, the kind you put on your ice cream)
1/2 jar caramel topping
3 Heath candy bars crushed up

Preheat oven (to whatever your cake mix says).
Bake German Chocolate cake according to the directions on the box (and you super bakers - according to your from scratch recipe).
Allow cake to completely cool.
Once cake is cooled, poke holes throughout the cake. I use a wooden spoon, nothing fancy here.
Combine, and mix well, can of sweetened condensed milk, fudge and carmel in a bowl that easily pours.
Pour topping mix over cake (this step takes me forever; for some reason watching the topping mix fill each individual hole is hypnotizing).
Cover cake with Cool Whip.
Sprinkle Heath bits all over the top.

If you try this, let me know what you think. It's super easy, and holy smokes is it PHENOMINAL! 

Source: My mom's kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment