8.17.2012

Mini Cinnis with Maple Frosting

Yeast. What a petrifying five letter word. I'm not going to even pretend I know what to do with the stuff. I'm about as familiar with aerospace engineering as I am yeast. If I see a recipe that strikes my baking fancy, and then I see it involves yeast I immediately dismiss the recipe. A trip to the ER sounds more enticing.

I was perusing IGE's blog the other day when I saw a few cinnamon roll recipes she is fond of. One included yeast. Though I'm terrified of the stuff, I just might give that recipe a try... We'll see. Don't go holding your breath.

For now, I'm content taking baby steps with my baking. This was also on IGE's cinnamon roll list and it looked easy enough for me. Yes, I realize these aren't exactly your grandma's homemade rolls, but they're tasty, and that's all that matters in my book.

If you have about 15 minutes you, too, can get a batch of these on your counter. It will take even less time to watch them disappear. :)

Mini Cinnis with Maple Frosting
Rolls:
1 can crescent roll dough sheet
2 tbsp melted butter
cinnamon
brown sugar

Frosting:
1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Unroll crescent roll sheet, use rolling pin to roll sheet to about 1/4 inch thick.
Brush on butter.
Sprinkle on cinnamon.
Sprinkle on brown sugar.
The amount of cinnamon and sugar is totally up to you. I LOVE me some cinnamon, so I used that generously.
Roll up the dough into one big log.
Use a pain of kitchen sheers to cut 16 bite size rolls.
Place rolls in non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.

While your rolls are baking:
Combine maple syrup, milk and vanilla.
Mix in powdered sugar until you get your desired consistency.
Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.
These didn't last long in our house. Bet they won't in yours either. :)
I'm still toying around with that cinnamon roll recipe that requires yeast...

Source: Iowa Girl Eats

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are using your Pampered Chef stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeast is not hard. If it was, I couldn't do it. :) TRY IT.

    ReplyDelete