8.14.2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning


This very well may be the best thing to enter my kitchen. EVER!!

I'm positively giddy over this. It took all my will power not to post this on Monday. But, Marcus Monday won over this, but by a very narrow margin. :)

I've been meaning to try this for the longest time now. Every single needed ingredient is in my spice rack, and most likely in yours, too. There is absolutely no excuse not to try this. Plus, is it just me, or do those taco seasoning packets seem a bit over priced? And, it's almost a given, anytime I need one of those said packets I don't seem to have any on hand.

It was agreed, this will be used often in our house. I will never go without taco seasoning again.

Homemade Taco Seasoning
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup water

Mix together seasonings.
Add to 1 pound hot, cooked and drained ground turkey (or beef, you know me and my aversion to red meat) with 1/4 cup water.
Mix well.

Get on this! You'll be so glad you did.

Stick around, tomorrow you'll see how this awesome seasoning is used in a pasta bake.
Enjoy!!

Source: Iowa Girl Eats

1 comment:

  1. Tried the seasoning tonight and we loved it!!! Nice to have everything in the house already to make it...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete