3.05.2014

One, Two, Free, We're Still Rear-Facing

While the three day rain-a-thon was nice, and very much needed (hello drought), today is supposed to be 72 and mostly sunny. I'll take it. And, that can only mean two things A) I want to spend all day outside with my little man and B) today's post is a quick one.

Saying a few So What's on this fine Wednesday.

So what if…

… I'm going to list a few words Marcus has been repeating regularly. I don't want to forget these when it comes time to write his 2-year post. "Please" (THANK YOU JESUS, he's saying please!) "'Rake" (Drake), and he is now singing A,B,C,D,E,F. (We don't get any further than F, but I'm constantly saying "G! G! G!") His little voice is seriously the cutest sound in the world. He is also counting, "one, two, free, four, six, eight." Not sure where five and seven go, but we're working on it. He will also randomly say, "8, 9, 10." Again, not sure where 1-7 are, but it's a start. "'Roni and cheese" (macaroni and cheese). He is so awesome.

… I've heard from everyone and their dog that I need to turn Marcus' car seat around. He's still rear-facing, and I'm perfectly ok with the fact that he has to bend his little legs to sit there. Sarah posted this almost two years ago, and it struck a serious chord and I have been team rear-facing ever since.

… We will in all likelihood switch Marcus to front-facing this weekend. The little man is 32.5 pounds (the rear-facing position recommends up to 35 pounds), and he is just two weeks away from turning two. I'm confident switching him now would be a-ok.

…There isn't much of a story behind these pictures. Except, we were at a birthday party and one of Marcus' good friends was also in attendance. And, the two of them together are too cute for words to accurately describe.

… My workout the last few weeks were kind of lame. To make up for that I've decided to get all  ambitious with my workouts and training leading up to the KC Hospital Half Marathon in June. It all looks easy enough on paper. I'm apologizing in advance, as I have a feeling I'll be coming back in a few weeks to state that I've all but given up on the Insanity workouts, and am strictly sticking to running.

…  This is a wrap. I'm headed outside!

Happy Hump Day!

15 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!! One of my friends in Dallas still rear faces her 3.5 year old in a Radian and he still doesn't mind! And those are two adorable blondies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your training looks way more intense than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're still rear-facing! It's really WAY safer for them. I'm planning on keeping Mac rear-facing as long as possible. I read this: http://csftl.org/rear-facing-car-seat-myths-busted/ and am now a big fan for extended rear-facing until 4. We'll see if that actually happens, but for now he doesn't know any better, so why change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun outside!! Thanks for posting your training plan... I"m totally stealing it!! HH here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so beyond jealous of you getting outside!!! It is currently snowing ... again. Damn weather. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I had Emma (almost 8 years ago now) I couldn't wait to get her front facing. Now the more I read about rear facing, I will keep Alyx rear facing for as long as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who's a car seat nazi and she posted that all 3 year olds should be rear facing. but she neglected to mention that her own 3 year old was way too large for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are still rear facing too but getting close to the height limit so I doubt we'll make it much past age 2... however we're staying that way as long as well can -- bent legs and all! It's so much safer!
    Your workout plan looks awesome! If I could only get myself back on a schedule of any sort! Ugh I know it will happen but it's starting to wear on me (us).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for sticking with rear facing for the long haul. It is so much safer rear facing, people shouldn't be giving you such silly advice. We will definitely be rear facing until Aria reaches the limit! Safety and bent legs =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for keeping him rear facing this long! I made it to 18 months with each of my girls---they were horrible car riders though and I ended up deciding it was more dangerous for me to try driving with them screaming and thrashing than to turn them around and drive in silence haha. If they had stayed happy I would have kept it up to age 2 for sure though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been fighting with Eric about rear facing. Meeghan just cracked 20 pounds at 15 months so it hasn't been a real issue until now. He wants to turn her around while I want to keep her rear. Oh, it is going to be a battle. Hannah went to forward facing the day she turned 1. I didn't like it all, but on a cross country move where I was the only one in the car it made the trip easier.

    Good luck on the workouts! Insanity was the devil. I pulled a shoulder muscle after a week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. M sure would be a good big brother!!!! and your car interior looks so shiny and new!!! how do you manage THAT with a (almost) 2 year old?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha no way- Em will count to 10 and then randomly start at 8 too. Her and Marcus are two peas in a pod. ;)
    Good luck with the workouts! You'd be so proud..I've been running AND liking it. Who am I?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Marcus saying please! I rarely judge other moms, but I despise when parents don't teach their children manners!!
    Good luck with the workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh. I so wish we could be getting outside right now!! Have fun! Love the photos - they're too cute together!

    ReplyDelete