3.11.2014

Delighted by Dolphins

Gorgeous doesn't even being to do justice to this weekend. The weather was perfect. A sunny and bright 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and just the slightest of breezes to keep things from getting too hot at any given moment.

We knew it would be a travesty if we stayed inside with conditions as beautiful as they were. So, we packed up our sand mat, sun screen, and snacks and headed to the ocean.

Our last few trips to the beach Scott had to work, so it was great to have him join in the fun. Along with soaking up some sun (and getting a minor sunburn in the process) I sat back and soaked up watching my main squeezes.
While I was watching the guys play around at the waters edge a paddle boarder caught my attention.
It wasn't but a few seconds after observing the paddle boarder that I spotted a few dorsal fins pop out of the water, and I couldn't contain my excitement. I rushed down to Scott and Marcus to point out the dolphins. It's been ages since spotting dolphins from the beach.
 At first I saw only one. Then three surfaced.
There is something so majestic about dolphins. I could watch them all day long. Even Marcus was delighted and started pointing, saying, "dol-FIN! dol-FIN!"

Though the dolphins were certainly a highlight, there was nothing more wondrous to see than the little man loving the simplicity of life.

18 comments:

  1. I am so jealous right now - ugh, what I wouldn't do for a day at the beach!! We love watching dolphins when we're at the ocean too, when we go to the condo in Florida, we always take binoculars so we can sit on the deck and watch for them. We're always delighted in seeing quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool experience to see. You are so lucky living near the ocean. I know I tell you that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Ryan and I spotted a pod of dolphins while eating dinner on our honeymoon and it is easily one of my favorite moments of our week away. I could watch them for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Such sweet pics of M&S, but awesome that you guys saw dolphins so close! I love his swim outfit and he's just such a handsome guy overall! Can you send me 80 degrees? We're supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool!! I just love dolphins so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about dolphins!

    And Marcus looking like a baby model in these pictures :) Looks like the perfect day! Can't wait to get my feet in some sand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Marcus's swim outfit! So handsome! How cool you guys got to see dolphins -- looks like they were really close to the beach. That's such a cool sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is SO neat when you spot animals actually in the wild. How many times have I seen the dolphin show at Sea World - plenty, but nothing quite as exciting as catching a glimpse in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dolphins! When I lived in Pensacola I loved driving along the Gulf and watching the dolphins swim. I really need to check out the beaches on this side of Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the photos. I LONG to be sitting by the beach again very soon. As many beach trips as we have made, we have never saw any dolphins. I'm thinking maybe we need to take a dolphin tour next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate that I don't live this close to a beach. :( So incredibly jealous of these photos. DOL-FIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I've always wanted to spot wild dolphins! How beautiful!! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. THOSE CHEEKS!!!! eeee!!
    so jelly of your sunburn and dolphins!!!!
    i really am dying to come this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I simply can't continue reading your blog--between your weather, the ocean, and the dolphins it's just too much lol ----JEALOUS! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cool are those dolphins... Can we just talk about the fact that you get to go to the ocean whenever you please... you are one lucky girl!! Beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous! I want to be at the beach NOW. We aren't going until September :/ Where did you get Marcus' top? Clay needs it ASAP :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. so awesome!! I'd love to have that experience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So jealous once again of your sea life adventures! I hope to see whales and dolphins in the wild some day. They have whale watching tours in San Fran so hopefully I'll get to do that one day. And Marcus.. oh my! He is getting to be so big! He is losing the toddler face and moving into kid zone already! Happy soon birthday Marcus!

    ReplyDelete