1.09.2014

I Caved

Since our stay in KC I've been finding it difficult to keep Marcus entertained while staying inside. At home if we're cranky, or antsy, or just need a change of pace, we go outside. We're outside a lot. But, with sub-zero temps simply going outside is pretty much out of the cards (Momma doesn't do cold). I've been scrambling, scouring, and searching for fun things to do.

Just when I thought I was running out of options Sarah depicted a place of wonder. This place spoke of games, food, prizes, and fun. She spoke of a place I'd *never* been. Where is this magical place that seems to be just perfect for those insanely cold days? Why, Chuck E. Cheese, of course.

So I did it. I caved. I brought Marcus, and convinced my family to bring all of Marcus' cousins as well (aunt of the year, right here!).

Warning - picture overload ahead.
From a distance the mouse was pretty cool.
The little guys took to the riding attractions right away.
Oh, the cuteness. I die!
Marcus could have stayed on the fire truck all day long. No shocker there.
We were able to persuade the little guys to try their hand at a few games.
Don't they look like old pros?
I kept bringing Marcus back to this game. It may or may not have been my favorite.
While the two toddlers navigated rides and kiddie games, the older kids won copious prize tickets and did a good job keeping Marcus in awe.
My favorite arcade game is skee ball (isn't it everyone's?!). I attempted to show Marcus the proper way to play... Clearly he didn't get the memo.
Just over an hour of play and we had four happy boys on our hands.

While we didn't eat any food (except for the cotton candy) I'm pretty sure none of us would have had a difficult time consuming a couple of slices of pizza.

Maybe the best part? For $5 we were able to get out of the house, have some fun, and blow off some steam.
We'll be back Mr. Cheese!

21 comments:

  1. I grew up going to Chuck E Cheese's. I think a few of my birthday parties were there when I was growing up too. And of course Skee Ball is the best!! Glad y'all got out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I always said I would never take Clay (I've been TOO many times while babysitting), but after seeing these pictures I might have to cave! And I love the skee ball picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO glad you went and are a Chuck fan now!! Looks like that location has a ton more rides than ours so I'm jealous about that. Glad the little guy loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We venture to Chuck E Cheese every once in awhile. Kids love it! I'm sure you won Aunt of the Year for this little adventure. M is looking more and more like you these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I always take the kids and never buy the pizza. It's just not good. BTW... Isn't that how everyone plays skeeball? I know that is how I do it.

    Have you been to the money museum? That was pretty fun. But my kids were older. It's free. The lego land is pretty okay too. Although it's kinda pricey. I wouldn't do the aquarium, because the one in LB is much better. What about that imagination place that is attached to hallmark? it's pretty cool. It's free, and they have a bunch of stations where kids can create "art". My kids loved that. I can't remember the name of it though. But it is right next to the Hallmark museum. Also, there was this place in Crown Center that has rotating exhibits. It was free when we went, and I think it is always geared for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! That is a great way for little people to burn off energy. I stink at all the games and it really shocks me how the little kids get so many more tickets than me! Hope you can make it home to warmer weather soon!!

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Henry is going a little stir-crazy too. Unfortunately our nearest CEC is almost an hour away. Booo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, how fun!! Jackson hasn't been to Chuck E. Cheese since he was a newborn (we were there for a cousin's birthday party). Now that he's older, I bet he would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I have been avoiding that place like the plague! Glad to see that it's not completely terrible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just don't think about the germs and it's fine! lol. We have done our share of Chuck E Cheese for sure---the girls love it! Sadly they just closed ours---my nephew bawled at the thought of no more ski ball LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is cute! My husband goes nuts for Chuck E Cheese, but I'm a little skeeved out by it. Esp after hearing over and over about parents fighting each other...what the what? And, ya, germs. Maybe when she is older...haha, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't like this place......but......I think Mace would love it.....soooo.......it might have to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. $5 for all that?! I didn't know you could go an not buy food! I think the only times I went as a kid was for parties and I got the impression from my mom that was expensive. We have one close by that might just be where we go for a play date we have next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our CEC is always PACKED!! That one looks manageable!

    Not that you DO follow my blog, but if you did (Stewart Street) then you will need to refollow. Google screwed up my renewal and it basically became impossible for me to keep www.stewartstreetblog.com without purchasing for $69....so my new blog address is lifeaccordingtotrista.com and you can follow on Bloglovin here. http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11553579.

    Happy Almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! We took Hayden this fall and he loved it! Are you guys staying in KS for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Genius. I might have to take Mac there this weekend! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun time. Have you guys been to the LegoLand in KC yet?

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is seriously adorable! and it doesn't look busy which is a huge win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much fun! I love going there with my niece and nephews!

    I remember that my niece had one of her birthday parties there and she cried her eyes out when she meet Chuck E. Cheese. I don't know if she has recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had the same problem, but I didn't think of Chuck E. Cheese. I know Hannah would have loved it. We ended up at Kaleidoscope at Crown Center. I never do arts and crafts anymore so Hannah had a blast painting and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow. The few times I've been to Chuck E. Cheese, it was NEVER that empty. It was pretty much wall to wall packed with kids running around on a massive sugar high!

    ReplyDelete