1.31.2014

Football, Food, and Favorite Faces

As a lover of football I can't wait for this weekend. While my team didn't make it to the championship game (maybe next year, Chiefs) I'm still excited. It doesn't get much better than getting together with friends, tossing back a few beers, eating your weight in different fruit/veggie/cracker dips, and watching a good football game.

With that said, let's get going this week's highlights.

1. In keeping with the Super Bowl theme… Random fact we just learned this week: the guy who picks up our recyclables every week is Richard Sherman's dad. Love Richard Sherman or hate him, it's still kind of a cool connection.
2. You can't attend a Super Bowl party without bringing some sort of goodie to share. I thought about the ever so popular JalapeƱo Corn Dip, or the obligatory Crock Pot Queso Dip. But, I think I'm going to go with something a little less traditional. Individual fruit pizzas - yes, please.
3. Speaking of fruits and dips… Marcus has been ALL OVER apples and peanut butter fruit dip. I've shared this before, but it is SO easy and SO good. Go getcha' some.
1/2 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Mix all together, dip fruit, enjoy!
4. It's been ages since I've been out with a group of girl friends. Thankfully, tonight I'm headed out to enjoy some good drinks and great company. GNO for the win!
5. Marcus has really become a little sponge. He is repeating everything we say and do. Lately, I cannot get enough of his 'pucker' face. He tries so hard when he is ready to plant a big fat kiss. I die.
Forgive the poor quality pics. Working with a wiggly toddler and an iPhone doesn't set one up for top notch photo quality.
Have a great weekend!

P.S. Go Seahawks!

17 comments:

  1. Enjoy your GNO!!! Can't WAIT til next fall when I can enjoy a beverage with friends! And how cute are those PJs?! And Drake? He's just the best dog ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GNO's are the best!!!

    We are Falcons fans that will be pulling for Peyton on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is M calling his favorite Aunt Becky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those individual fruit pizzas look so yummmmy! Ooh, what if you put the peanut butter dip on there...hmm... Haha. I'm trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been super busy and MIA on the whole blogging world, but it never fails that I love catching up on your blog! I hope you have the best Super Bowl party EVER!!! I'm with you…GO SEAHAWKS, even though it's gonna be hard cheering for them while living in Denver! I love that secret "yes" I can do to myself when the Broncos do something bad!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olivia loves peanut butter. I will have to try that dip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snacks are great ideas for Super Bowl! I am going to a friend's Super Bowl party this Sunday. I think I might just have to give her some ideas to make =P Gotta love Super Bowl. Bringing friends and awesome snacks together hah. Not to forget about the Super Bowl commercials. They're awesome. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read about Mr. Sherman refusing to live off his son today and then you post this! Very cool!

    And the dip? That pucker face?! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your GNO! Jealous! That dip sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those fruit tarts!!!! so good. we had them at our wedding as a part of our dessert buffet and they were my favorite. i would like to watch the Super Bowl with you.
    and HOW cool that his dad picks up your recyclables! an NFL players dad is a semi garbage man. and richard sherman is one heck of a dude. to me. but anyone who gets a 4.2 from stanford pretty much rocks my socks because i could never.
    miss you
    love you long time! enjoy GNO and pretend I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Henry does 'fishy-lips' when he goes to kiss and it's hilarious. Enjoy your night out - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to try that dip, sounds perfect!

    It is totally a nifty connection.

    That pucker face is SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pucker face is adorable! I still LOVE that photo of M with the pup!

    Ok super cool about Sherman's dad. However cheering for the seahawks? I don't know if we can be friends anymore! (just kidding I really could care less :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh... I love that kissy face! So freakin' adorable. I'm a Steelers fan, so I'll be rooting for the Broncos simply because I want the AFC to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marcus is such a little cutie!!! Those fruit pizzas look amazing, I would LOVE to make those and that dip too, YUMMM! That is crazy about Richard Sherman's dad - how did you find that out? I am sure he is a proud daddy. I hope you had a great GNO!! PS the pic of Marcus and your dog? SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo to the Seahawks win! Adore him!! And I can't believe his dad picks up your trash. How humbling :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete