1.06.2014

Freezing Hot Water

A few days ago I read a post written by my cousin that really struck a chord (you seriously need to read her post, it's beautiful and amazing, and makes you want to call every last loved one you know and tell them how much they mean to you). After an unexpected week in Kansas, I decided we were going to make the most out of every minute here, cold weather and all.

So, yesterday, with little persuasion I was able to convince my Father-in-law to go out into the arctic temps, at 6:00AM, and see if we could freeze hot water.

It might have been cold, but it sure was awesome.
It is really easy to get caught up in the hub bub of life. We have routines we follow, schedules we keep, and a pace we like to maintain. Sometimes it's difficult to take a break and enjoy the little things.

If you have a minute (and it's cold enough), slip outside and see if you can freeze some hot water.

12 comments:

  1. Part of me wishes it was cold enough to do that here...then the part of me who dislikes feeling like I live in a freezer takes over and I am glad I can just read your post!! :)

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe living in the Midwest I have never done this. How fun! After the holidays I to realized I need to slow down with everything. After reading your cousins post it really made me re-evaluate my priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We so do this EVERY SINGLE TIME it's cold enough. Haha. Last night Jeremy stood on the back porch with a bubble gun seeing if bubbles would freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking I wanted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to try this with some food coloring! but something tells me the water here will freeze in the cup and not even make its way out. lol! SO COLD. this is awesome though and you got GREAT pictures of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty cool! you have a great FIL. Now get back to LA, because I miss our phone dates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this a few years ago when it was like -30 in CO. It's so fun! Well the cold isn't but the freezing water is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes. I remember doing this when I lived up North. And that, my friends, is the whole reason why I moved to Florida. If it's cold enough to freeze hot water instantly, it's too cold for me! Of course, I've still been running around all day today complaining that I'm cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not quite cold enough here for that and I am just fine with it! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha so cool! I am in FL, so definitely not in the cards. Never thought of it though, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I saw your picture on instagram and then like 20 other people on my Facebook posted videos and pictures of them trying it! But you were the first and therefore the coolest in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my word your cousins post was so sad :(. On a happier note, I'm so trying this tonight!

    ReplyDelete