10.26.2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies

Cookies (to me, that word is STILL like nails on a chalk board, but I'm working on it) are not something I make often. Mainly it's because Scott only likes the chocolate chip variety, whereas I'm not so much a fan. But, the other evening I was chatting with my mother in-law and she was in need of a pumpkin cookie. Naturally, I couldn't resist a challenge to find a good fall baked good. 
Before you go and whip these up keep in mind in these there is no chocolate, no nuts, nothing fancy. It's strictly Snickerdoodle with a hint of pumpkin. I think that is precisely why I loved everything about them. To keep myself from inhaling eating more than I should I dolled them out to friends.  

These little treats are so moist and scrumptious. Pair a few with a nice glass of milk and you have a great afternoon snack. 

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cookies
1 stick butter or margarine
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp honey
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Topping
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Preheat oven to 400.
Mix together butter, honey, sugars, pumpkin, and egg; beat well.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix until well-blended.
Chill dough for about 30 minutes. I seriously could not wait that long, so I went the express route and popped the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Roll dough into balls the size of small walnuts.
In a separate bowl combine all topping ingredients, mix well.
Roll dough balls in the topping mix until dough is completely covered.
Place dough balls about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft. I baked mine for 8 minutes, and once out of the oven I left the cookies on the sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack - perfection!
The original recipe says this should yield 4-5 dozen cookies. Apparently my idea of a "small" walnut was a bit off mark. I only yielded 3 dozen, whoops. 
Enjoy!

Source: Six Sisters' Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment