10.11.2012

DIY "Bringing Baby Home" Shadow Box

Thanks to Pinterest I now think I'm the next amazing crafter. I'm just going to put this out there, my mother is the one with the crafty talents. I, on the other hand, can piece-meal something together, and pray to the craft gods that my project doesn't end up looking like a hot mess.

This little project seemed pretty self-explanatory: in a shadow box place baby's firsts. Sounded easy enough. And, considering my little man is now 6 1/2 months, I thought I should probably get on this project before I blinked and he's 12.

I corraled the outfit Marcus came home from the hospital in, I found both his and my ID tags we wore in the hospital, and I even managed to locate the cute little name placard that was placed in his hospital crib.

Because the shadow box didn't come with anything to secure items in the box I had to resort to hot glue (it's not a craft project until hot glue has been used), and push pins.
Top: The finished product!

Bottom left: I painted the letter "M" with the color we painted Marcus' room. Then I attached ribbon that was used throughout his room decor. 
Bottom right: Our hospital bands.
Top left: I wrote a letter to Marcus explaining each item in the box. Along with the letter I included one of Marcus' birth announcements.
Top right: Then, I attached the letter to the backside of the shadow box before I closed it all up.

Lower: Marcus seems pretty happy with his shadow box.
In the end, I was quite satisfied with my little DIYer. It ended up just as I had imagined, and the crisis of "hot mess" was averted. 

One day I hope Marcus opens up his little letter and enjoys what he finds as much as I enjoyed putting it all together for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment