10.30.2012

Pumpkin Frappuccino

This week we're still hitting 80 degrees most days, but it's Fall and I'm going to pretend I need my cozy sweaters and cute scarfs.

You might say I have a coffee problem. I just say it's a healthy love affair with the bean. My mornings almost always consist of six cups of coffee (give or take a few). However, there's something about the 12:00 hour that sends a mental trigger - I just cannot have hot coffee after noon. Thank GOODNESS I found this! Now I can get my coffee AND pumpkin fix, all at the same time!

The second I saw this I did a mental inventory of the ingredients, figured I had them all, and then promptly got up and made it.

A few changes were made from the original recipe and I'm pretty much in love with how it turned out.

Pumpkin Frappuccino
1/2 cup chilled black coffee (I made my coffee two times stronger than how I normally drink it - perfect! If you are able to make espresso, use that rather than coffee.)
3/4 cup milk
1 cup ice
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (you may want to use more if you like your frapps super sweet)
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice

Dissolve sugar into coffee and refrigerate until cold.
Blend pumpkin and pumpkin spice until well mixed.
Crush the cup of ice cubes in a blender. Add cold coffee, milk, pumpkin mix, and Maple syrup.
Blend until smooth.
Do a little taste test and add anything you see fit (more pumpkin, more sugar, etc).
Top with a dash of cinnamon. And, if you want to get real fancy, add some whipped cream.
I searched high and low for a glass that would be appropriate for a coffee drink. Obviously I came up empty handed. But, a big ol' beer glass did the trick juuuuuust fine.

Now, go get your self some pumpkin frap!
Source: Monster Mama

This recipe is linked up with Food Friends Friday, click the link to check out more great recipes!

4 comments:

  1. Bah, I was gonna blog a coffee-free pumpkin frap like this with almond milk... but your pictures look better than mine. I'm getting a new camera for Christmas, so I'll give you a run for your money with my photography skillz. (I have none)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Your pics are looking great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds great! Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party. Please remember to link your recipe back to http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete