7.22.2015

A Boy at the Ball Field

Scott has been eagerly awaiting the day we could take Marcus to a baseball game since, oh, the day Marcus was born. So, while I was conjuring up our Summer Bucket List Scott suggested that we add going to an Angels game. It didn't take any extra convincing from me and that promptly went on the list.

After looking at the schedule, and being sorely disappointed when we discovered the Royals (only our most favorite MLB team of all time #foreverroyal) had played the Angels super early in the season. We missed the boat on that one, but we saw the Red Sox (the other team Scott cheers on) were playing at a time we could attend. We grabbed tickets and were ready to take Marcus to his first all-American experience.
I wish I could have captured Marcus' excitement as we entered the stadium and made our way to our seats. He was skipping and jumping and beaming. I'm sure he didn't really have a clue what was happening, but the electricity and excitement of the place seemed to overtake Marcus.

We found our seats and settled in.
Marcus was clearly in awe.
After the initial novelty of the place grew on Marcus we saw more of this:
And the little father-son moments melted my heart a hundred times over:
For me the game was good (Mike Trout hit two homers - the first regular MLB game I've been to where someone actually hit it out of the park), but seeing my guys share the experience was hands down the best part.
Marcus seemed to truly enjoy the game. But, I think it was the cotton candy he really loved.
Nothing beats a bag full of colored sugar.
Marcus surprised us and made waaaaay past bed time, and through a solid 7 innings before we called it an evening.
We're already looking forward to many more future summer nights spent at the ball field. 

Marking off yet another Summer Bucket List item!

17 comments:

  1. Cotton candy is my favorite ballpark treat! What a fun adventure! And your dress is adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! And so exciting that the Red Sox were playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, all of our Red Sox gear was either too small (Marcus and me), or couldn't be found (Scott). So, we opted to go pretty neutral. Normally, (if the Royals aren't playing) we're in our Sox gear! :)

      Delete
    2. Sadly, all of our Red Sox gear was either too small (Marcus and me), or couldn't be found (Scott). So, we opted to go pretty neutral. Normally, (if the Royals aren't playing) we're in our Sox gear! :)

      Delete
  3. So much fun, you guys are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are completely nailing your list and having the best summer!

    Love these pictures. I can feel the excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were SO bummed we couldn't join you as going to the Angels games is quite possibly one of Seth's favorite things EVER and taking Mason is like his dream come true. But one day... we will! Maybe next season since I'm sure M2 won't be ready to go to a game this season. I'm so impressed Marcus lasted so long and so long past his bed time too! I've been on the hunt for a 5pm start time and sadly it was Sunday when we were at Disneyland (and it got rained out). But seriously, it looks like you guys had SO MUCH FUN!!! Let's plan to go to the Angels vs Royals game next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm cotton candy! We head to the Royals Indians game on Tuesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice, now I'm craving cotton candy - lol!!! We are taking the big boy to a Kernel's game Saturday night, should be fun to just sit and watch a game of ball. The boys are already planning to take their gloves, we are sitting on the 3rd base line so might catch a foul ball. ?? Anyway, fun pics of your gang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys are killing your summer bucket list!!! (fist bump)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you all had a great time and I love Marcus' expressions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that!!! The family selfies are the best. Such sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to start out by saying that I feel like I know you by association because some of my favorite bloggers (Beth and Elizabeth) love you. I hope that doesnt come across stalker-ish?! Anyway, we love the Angels and took our daughter to see them when she was 2.5 and by that age she had already been to three proball games. And let me tell you, the nachoes saved the day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I haven't taken the girls to a professional sports game. I am guessing they would want to eat the treats the entire time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Justin can't wait to take Rhys to a BYU football game!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angels vs Boston? That’s a good game to attend! Confession – I love love love Mike Trout…until he plays the Rangers! Haha. These pictures are pure greatness! And I adore your dress. And 7 innings? Whoa! Major win there! Baseball is long and we all know how many hours it could take to play 7 innings. Good job Marcus!

    ReplyDelete