12.20.2013

My Wrap Job Stinks, But at Least I Can See

Though Scott would disagree with me, this week has FLOWN by. It's probably because we're less than a week away from Christmas. We are also this close to going home to be with family and friends - CAN.NOT.WAIT!

Jumping right into this week's highlights:

1) My Christmas shopping has been done for ages. But, it took me until Wednesday to get everything wrapped and under the tree. Albeit, my wrap jobs this year are sub-par, I surprisingly don't give two hoots. I'm just ready for Christmas, bring it on!
A mishmash of paper, no bows, no cute-sy wrapping theme, no worries!
The best part of it all may be that half our gifts aren't even under the tree, they're already in Kansas/Iowa. 
2) I don't want to jinx it, but I think Marcus' terrible sleeping habits and early mornings are going by the wayside. In the last 10 days there hasn't been a morning he's been up before 5:30. Little Man has been sleeping all night, in his own bed, and we've even had a few rare gems where he has slept in until 7:00. Fingers crossed this trend continues. Forever.
Sweet dreams sweet boy.
3) This may be the total geek in me, but yesterday I picked up my new glasses. Fricking LOVE them.
Contacts and me clash, so I primarily wear glasses. There's something kind of exciting about a fresh pair of specs.
4) Call me crazy, but taking a look at the weather between LA and KC in the next week and I'm actually kind of looking forward to the cooler temps. It doesn't *feel* like Christmas when you're not all bundled up (but let's be honest, now days we bundle up if it drops below 70 - I'm not even joking).
So long as there is no sleet or snow those temps will be welcomed… For about a week.
5) Last night Marcus and I started watching The Polar Express. I fully expected him to lose interest after 24 minutes (which is the exact duration of one episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse). To my pleasant surprise, Marcus sat still for an entire hour. I'm convinced he would have watched the whole movie had it not been bath/bed time. Guess what I'm downloading for our flight home?
It's a Christmas miracle!!
Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I haven't done any wrapping! None! That's on my list to do this weekend! And isn't The Polar Express movie just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is so pretty and I'm jealous you're done with your wrapping. I still haven't even started on that yet. :-( Have a great trip home with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Polar Express. It's such a cute movie. When Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on, my nephew won't move until it's over and then he's says MORE MICKEY MOUSE. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my he looks so much like you in that picture! Polar Express...Totally putting that on our must see christmas movie list! Have a great time in KC! Love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the worlds worst wrapper. I made my husband wrap our daycare lady's present because I was so embarrassed at how bad I am. Yours look pretty good to me. I will have to try watching the Polar Express movie with Olivia. She is starting to get more into movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled for you that Marcus is sleeping better. As a mom who has a 2.5 year old who still sleeps like crap, I get it!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are too many great things happening with this post! 1. Jealous of your wrapped presents. Still working on mine.. 2. We went through a shitty sleeping spell with Em, SO glad to be out of those woods! I feel your pain and triumph. 3. I'm in dire need of new glasses. I'm really digging these ones! 4. Nothing like bundling up for Christmas. :) 5. That's awesome! Hopefully that means you'll get a break from MMCH. Hopefully. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Presents wrapped and hidden. We don't put them out until Christmas Eve night. Glad Marcus is sleeping - I hope it stays that way.And for the specs - too cute!! I wear contacts but honestly, I like wearing my glasses a lot more than usual. I only wear my contacts honestly because they allow me to wear my sunglasses. I can't see spending the money on a prescription pair of shades since I am always on the water and don't want to risk breaking them. And you fare the cold better than I - I bundle up around 74! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo for good sleeping habits! And I'm with you on the glasses. My contacts get put in for sunny races and the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for sleep! Just so you know, I added that take along toy to Emmah's Christmas list and now we have it! Can't wait for her to open it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my top 3 favorite Xmas movies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for sleeping!

    I am dreading the frigid temperatures in KC. It is 80 here. It is going to be a shock to the system. However, it will feel more like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the polar express creeps me the F out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only wrapped *2* presents---I've got work to do! lol. Merry Christmas, and enjoy your visit with family!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay for good sleep!! I think your presents look great but maybe that's because I'm barely half done wrapping ours! :) I love that he loved the polar express! I grew up with that book and love the movie but I was going to wait to see if Callie would watch it but I think now I might try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh hey, contact me if you want to get together while you're in town!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving your glasses too!

    I hope the sleeping trend continues! I know that is the best for all moms :)

    Your wrapping job looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your mishmash presents! That's exactly how mine are =)

    ooh love the new glasses!

    Fingers totally crossed that the sleep trend continues. 530 is just not a good time in my book....or anybody's book really.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He watched for a WHOLE HOUR? I'm trying this immediately.

    ReplyDelete