12.11.2013

A Collection of Pictures

Life has an uncanny ability to send us through some pretty tumultuios storms. There is one person who is able to calm the proverbial choppy waters, and that's Mom.

Whenever my mom comes to visit I inevitably feel less stressed. Marcus is blanked in hugs, snuggles, kisses, and love, and I'm able to put my worries aside. I'm able to breath a little easier when Mom is near.

While Grandma D was here I wanted to make sure we didn't send her home without getting some good photos of her and Marcus. (I don't have many pictures of my Grandmas and me. I want Marcus to have an expansive collection of pictures of his family and him to look back upon.) 

We brought Grandma to one of our favorite local spots - how we'd never taken her here is beyond me.
 
There are never enough thanks when it comes to the love and support we receive from our families.
Mom/Grandma, we miss you already. The countdown has begun until we see you next (19 days, in case you wondering). 

21 comments:

  1. very sweet pictures and memories for all of you.
    also, you and your mom have an uncanny resemblence. which I am certain you hear a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! These are great photos of Marcus and his Grandma... photos I'm sure he'll treasure! Also, you and your mom look a lot alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom are twins. Except for the blond and red hair. Marcus looks so happy around grandma. That's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good!! And I would like to start a countdown too.....for when Mace and his best bud can reunite!! (And I can see YOU!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pictures! God love Grandma's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look JUST like your mom! Great pics, I need to make sure I do the same for my kiddos. I'm better about taking pics of my kids with my own mom, but not as good about doing it with the in-laws. I already regret not having many of my kids with their great grandmothers (Adam's side), who have both taken a turn for the worse recently. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures...what a great gift to Marcus. Mom's do amazing things for us even when they don't know it. :)

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    oh....and if you have to move you can always come live with me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom is so sweet. I love these photos. You can tell Marcus loves her dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet! Mom's/grandma's are the best. PS. Has anyone ever told you totally look like your mamma LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly sweet! I need to be better about taking photos of Mac and his grandparents too. Love the idea to do a photo shoot of the two of them. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great pics, especially love the third from bottoma nd last one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. im so glad you get to see her again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! Marcus looks so happy to be getting grandma time! Yay for seeing grandma twice so close together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way! My Mom just makes everything better, I wish she lived closer. Adorable pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics of memories I'm sure he will cherish! And as everyone else has said you sure do look like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! My mom brings me so much comfort and safety too! I will be flying home in a couple days to spend the holidays with her! Distance makes times together that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can see how much Marcus loves Grandma. Sometimes Mr. Marcus doesn't like to smile for pictures but he was happy in each one!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THat is so sweet! He looks so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's nothing better than love from a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is perfect. Love everything about this post. Beautiful pictures too! You can see how much they love each other :)

    ReplyDelete