9.04.2012

Mini Caprice Skewers

We had quite the weekend! Grandma and Grandpa D came out to visit/babysit while Scott and I attended a beautiful wedding in the California mountains.

There's always a little down time at weddings. Be it before the wedding, between the ceremony and reception (which was not the case for us this weekend), or after the wedding, there is generally some time where you're searching for a little something to tide you over until the next round of events. Our downtime came after the reception (more on the wedding in a later post).

For said down time I brought these little treats. And, oh muh gosh, these babies were a smashing success! I loved the ease of putting them together, but what I loved even more was how everyone couldn't get these in their mouths fast enough (myself included)!

Mini Caprice Skewers
Fresh Mozzarella
Grape or Cherry tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Toothpicks

I grabbed some Grape tomatoes and cherry sized mozzarella, so my assembly went a little like this:
Toothpick + tomato + basil + mozzarella cut in half so the flat end of the cheese would assist in keeping  the toothpick upright.
Now, I was supposed to have drizzled olive oil and Balsamic vinaigrette over top of the skewers, but by the time these were brought out it was late and no one seemed to mind. I know the skewers would be even MORE amazing with the oil and vinaigrette, but trust me when I say these little guys were just as tasty without it.
Please try these the next time you want to wow your crowd with something light, fresh, and more than delicious!

Source: Never Trust a Skinny Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment