9.18.2012

29!

Sunday marked the first day of the last year of my 20's. It's kind of crazy to think about. I was reminiscing with a great high school friend of mine, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago we were obtaining licenses, gearing up for Homecomings, practicing and prepping for big sporting events. And now, here were are, all grown up. When the heck did that happen?!
With all that said, what a fabulous birthday I had. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life. And, I still can't believe how lucky I am to live each day with my patient, understanding, amazing husband.

That patient, understanding, amazing man hooked this girl up with a brand spankin' new camera - eek!! Not that there was anything wrong with our old one (and it will still get lots of use, that puppy is DUR-A-BLE), but this beauty is amazing. To get full use of the camera I have a few photography classes lined up. Aaaaand, it doesn't stop there.  My folks hooked me up with PhotoShop Elements (also looking into classes to maneuver my way through that program). Holy awesomeness!
To celebrate the big day Scott, Marcus and I were out and about for most of the weekend, and I was able to play around with the camera (I felt so professional snapping away with my snazzy camera), posts and photos to come.
Sneak peak of part of our weekend fun :)
Side note: 29 isn't bad. However, I think I'll just celebrate 29 from here on out. :)

P.S. If you have a camera similar to the one pictured let me know what features are your favorite!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for fun new cameras! I am a Canon girl, but you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a close race between Canon and Nikon! They are so similar.

      Delete
  2. I just got the Canon T3i..I love it so far, but I don't know what I am doing yet. But I have figured out how to blur the background, which is great when you are taking pics of your food! Hope you enjoy it and happy belated Bday!

    ReplyDelete