1.06.2012

Snapshot of Home

Home. There is so much I miss about home. From the people, to the food (BBQ:), to the traffic lack of traffic, to being close to family, home is where we wish to return someday, soon.

While in the Midwest we were able to stop by some of our favorite places - which helped to reiterate how much we're ready to get back.
The Plaza is one of my favorite places in Kansas City. During the holidays is no exception. The shops are all adorned with lights hung in perfection. It's stunning, and pictures don't do the beauty justice.
With unseasonably warm weather I took full advantage of the sunny skies and spring-like temperatures. I headed to a spot I used to run regularly, Shawnee Mission Park. How I miss the hills and trails.
I-435 vs I-405. Pretty sure we won't have any problems saying adios to the nightmare of 405.
Scooter's! Coffee Bean and Starbucks move over. What I wouldn't give for a Scooter's in SoCal. Set me up with a good cup of Scooter's and I'm one happy camper.
 The Cathedral in downtown Kansas City is one of the most beautiful churches I've ever stepped foot in. I was thrilled when we were able visit on our last Sunday in KC.

Before ever leaving the Midwest I always thought that I couldn't wait to get away. Now that home is so far away it's the only place I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment