1.03.2012

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marinara & Noodles

Ahhhhh, to flex my fingers across the keyboard once again! Our trips to Kansas City and Iowa for the holidays were fabulous, but how I missed my own little space in the Internet world. It's good to be back!

Posts of our trip home, as well as an update of Baby Macke, will come throughout the week. However, tonight I whipped this up without a recipe. Yep, On. My. Own. And couldn't resist posting right away. Not to mention, the idea of waiting to blog one more day just wasn't an option. Plus, I knew this was a keeper, as Scott mentioned a few bites in that dinner was good.

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marinara & Noodles


4 chicken breast (my chicken breast are a bit small; if you have larger chicken breasts three would do just fine)
1 jar of your favorite marinara/spaghetti sauce (I thoroughly enjoy Ragu Light)
1 packet dry Italian seasoning
8 oz. cream cheese (as always, use the reduced or fat free to cut back on fat/cals)
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut into one inch cubes (again, use the 2% to reduce fat/cals)
1 bag egg noodles (or your favorite noodles)

I plopped my chicken into the lined crock pot, totally frozen. Then I added:
jar of marinara, Italian seasoning, cream cheese, and Velveeta.
Set crock pot to high for approximately 3 hours (occasionally stir the sauce ingredients, if possible).
After three hours, remove chicken and shred.
While the chicken is out and being shredded add your noodles to the sauce mix, submerge noodles as much as possible.
After shredding, add chicken atop noodle/sauce mix, and place crock pot on low for about an hour.
Before serving mix chicken with noodles and sauce.

If you're making this while at work, or gone for the day, simply put your crock pot on low. And, if you don't have an hour to let the noodles soften, make your noodles according to the package, and add noodles to your chicken and sauce mix before serving.

Source: As mentioned before, I just made this up on my own. There may (probably) be a recipe out there just like this, but if so, I didn't use it. I just threw ingredients into the crock pot and hoped for the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment