1.04.2012

Baby Macke Update - Week 28

Well, hello third trimester, I thought you'd never get here. At the same time, I can't believe how fast you've arrived!
Holy baby bump!
Upper left: The doctor wanted to make sure it was clear Baby M was a boy (I know one day Baby M is going to hate me for posting this :)
Upper right: Baby M's face
Lower left: Baby M's left foot
Lower right: Baby M's right foot - the doctor kept commenting on how big Baby M's feet are.
Thus far, this is my favorite 2D picture of Baby M - I love the little profile.
 Baby M most definitely has my nose. The 3D image isn't as clear as the doctor was hoping; apparently Baby M doesn't have quite enough fat on him to give a totally clear image - and his umbilical cord is up near his face, which is why the image seems a little distorted.

How far along? 28 weeks.
Maternity clothes? I wore almost every piece of maternity gear over the holidays (the handful of tops, couple jeans, and two preggers dresses), it's safe to say I continue to live (and love) my sweats, yoga pants, and Scott's t-shirts.
Stretch marks? Still in the clear.
Sleep? Haha! Still an amazing challenge, and I dread heading to bed most nights.
Best moment this week: The best moments this past week and a half were being at home and seeing our families and so many friends.
Miss anything? A full, uninterrupted night of sleep! And, sushi - I'm going to INHALE a rainbow roll as soon as Baby M makes his arrival.
Movement: Baby M is quite active, and since he's breech, it feels like he's head-butting my ribs all the time.
Food cravings: Mini York Peppermint Patties, peppermint hot chocolate, pretty much anything mint.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Still can't do peanut butter, gross.
Labor signs? Nada.
Symptoms: Does my protruding belly, and the inability to tie my shoes count? I've succumb to asking Scott to pick things up that I've dropped on the floor (that's a long way down, and a lot of work!). Lower back pain is a constant - boo.
Belly button in or out? Still in limbo with this one, but I foresee the belly button popping out at some point.
Linea nigra? Still no line.
Wedding ring on or off? Still on. No swelling anywhere, whoohoo!
Happy or moody most of the time? Depends on how much sleep I've had...
Looking forward to: Scott's parents will be visiting soon, and that means the baby furniture will be put together, and I'll be able to finally finish Baby M's room... and ORGANIZE all the goodies we were so grateful to receive from the baby showers we had while we were home (I'm sensing the need to"nest").


A HUGE thank you to my sister-in-law, Susan. She was able to set us up with a doctor who was kind enough to meet with us to do the ultrasound screening which provided us with the 2D and 3D photos of Baby M pictured above. 

1 comment:

  1. Laura Engels (and Maximus Danger...)January 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

    Hooray! Happy Third Trimester and I can't wait to get there too!!! Love the ultrasound pictures!

    ReplyDelete