1.26.2012

Easy Turkey Stroganoff

Stroganoff, yummmm! Too bad it's most often made with beef (blech). Lucky for me I found a FAB dish that uses ground turkey. What's even better, the recipe was EASY!

What's not so great... Stroganoff requires the use of cream of mushroom soup. Scott HATES mushrooms. I diligently tried to pick out all the little mushroom bits. Fail. The entire time we were eating Scott was picking through his food like it was tainted with the Ebola virus. I, on the other hand, found this dish AH-MAZING!

I was told if there was a way to make this dish without the mushrooms it'd be a bigger success with my other half. Any suggestions on doing this would be much appreciated... With that being said, I love mushrooms and wouldn't change a thing.

Easy Turkey Stroganoff
1 pound ground turkey (I used extra lean ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup (Trade Joe's has cream of portabella, and that stuff is glorious - get it, and use it, if you can!!!)
1/4 cup milk (use skim to skinny it up some)
1 cup sour cream (use reduced or fat free to scale the fat/calories back)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Brown ground turkey and onions in olive oil over medium heat until meat is cooked through.
Drain off any fat.
Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, soup and milk. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add sour cream and heat through.
Serve over egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.

Easy comfort food. Perfect for any chilly evening (unless you're Scott and don't like mushrooms).

Source: Confabulation in the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I have a Chicken Stroganoff recipe at home. I'll have to dig it out and send it to you. It's a low cal healthy yummy dish.

    Kasey

    ReplyDelete