4.17.2012

Taco Soup - A Freezer Meal

Before we'd put a spoon to our mouths Scott said, "I haven't even had any of this and I know I'm going to like it." A winner before we'd even eaten it - yesssss!

This soup reminded me more of a chili. It was thick, and hearty, and not really "soupy" at all. I'm quite certain this is one of the reasons Scott enjoyed it so much... It was so much like the way he appreciates his chili.

Never mind it wasn't what I'd consider soup, it was good. And, I will be making it again (and I will probably skip the freezing step and make it right away)!

Taco Soup


1 lb ground turkey
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry Ranch dressing
1 small onion, chopped
1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Brown ground turkey in a large skillet.
Drain fat off turkey, if necessary.
Add all other ingredients with turkey into skillet.
Simmer 1-2 hours.
Allow soup to cool. Freeze.
Set cheddar cheese aside for future use (optional step).

To prep from frozen state:
Thaw soup.
Place in large pot, bring to boil.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese (optional).
Serve with tortilla chips or tortillas.
This makes enough to feed about 6 hungry mouths. We had left overs... once :)
Enjoy!

Source: Dreaming of Poultry

No comments:

Post a Comment