6.06.2012

Taco Casserole - A Freezer Meal

Just when you thought I was done with freezer meals... Think again! There are four more meals staring me down in my freezer as I type. 

This meal piqued my interest the minute I laid eyes on it. You see, we love Mexican food around here. I could probably eat Mexican every other night. But, to keep things fresh I have to throw in other meals that don't end in "-chalada" or "-rrito."

If you're looking for an easy meal to throw together, and even easier to prep the night of your meal, this is just the thing.

It's taco-y, and casserole-y, and it's eas-y. What's not to love?!

Taco Casserole
1 box Rotini noodles, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup (2 packets) taco seasoning
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar, or Mexican, cheese

Brown ground turkey and onions. Drain if necessary.
Mix taco seasoning and tomato sauce with turkey/onion mix.
Mix together noodles and sour cream.
Place noodle mix on bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
Top noodles with turkey mix.
Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
Cover and freeze.

To bake:
Thaw.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Enjoy!

Source: Slight adaptations from Joyful Momma's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment