8.08.2016

Julia || O N E YEAR

Julia,

My sweet little lady.

Last night I put you to bed as a one-year old. And, it completely overwhelms me.
Perhaps it's because you're such a little thing. Or maybe it's because I'm quite certain you will be our last baby.  But, whatever the reason, you turning one has hit me oh so hard. 
In the last year you've grown into the sweetest thing. Your laughter is contagious, and your smile can light up a room.
You're not walking just yet, but it's not far off. If you're offered a set of hands you will gladly hold on tight and try to walk around on the most wobbly legs. 
You're the quickest little crawler I ever did see, and the steps are by far your favorite obstacle. Cruising the furniture is also a favorite, and you've newly discovered that you can climb up onto couches and chairs. 
 Sleeping through the night is yet to be mastered. But, we've made improvements. There have even been a few nights where you've slept soundly till morning.
Food is your love language. There's not much you won't eat, or at least try. 
Snacks and mealtimes are your favorite, and you'll gladly sit in your chair and munch away for what seems like hours at a time. 
We're still nursing. I thought by your birthday we'd start weaning, but it's not something I'm quite ready to let go of. 
Your brother is your sun and moon. There isn't a moment that passes that you don't seek to be near him. Whatever Marcus is doing you want to do. Wherever Marcus is, you're not too far.
 Marcus has the ability to make you laugh and giggle and smile unlike anyone else. 
 I hope and pray with all my might your sibling bond remains this sweet and strong forever. 
You are the apple of your daddy's eye. Those strong arms of his will always be the safest ones to hold you.

 There's so much I want to write, but I'm at a loss. It's such a bittersweet thing to watch you grow, and it's nearly impossible to accurately describe how wonderful you are with a handful of words.
This last year has been a such fabulous ride. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you. 
Peanut, you're sweet and sassy, spunky and mischievous. You are dramatic and sensitive, snuggly and fiercely working on doing things your way. You are simply and most amazingly you.
 Sweet little lady, thank you so much for bringing us such joy. Thank you for lighting our lives. Thank you for completing our family.
Happy First Birthday, Julia!
I love you to the moon and back. Twice.
Love, Mommy

Stats
Height :: 29.5 inches (70th percentile)
Weight :: 18.11 pounds (20th percentile) - you've done so well the past few months putting weight back on! I was worried as you slipped from 90th percent at weight to just the 5th percent a few months ago. Your love of food has done you well.
Teeth :: 8!
Clothes :: You're all over the board. Sometimes you'll fit just nicely into 6-9 month items (mainly shorts, pants, dresses), while other times you fill out 12-18 month items.
Diapers :: Pampers size 3.


25 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Julia!! She is the cutest little peanut! These photos are just beautiful. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays sweet girl! Julia & Wyatt would get along just fine sitting in their chairs & chowing down. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy ONE Julia!! It is so so bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet Julia! I bet y'all had the best time celebrating your princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Julia!! I remember the day you were born and how I excited I was to hear the news of your arrival. I hope you forever know how loved and special you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing and beautiful words (I'm all teary-eyed now!). She has two amazing parents and big brother - so blessed. Happy Birthday, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love! I can't believe she's one!! She is such a sweet little nugget. This makes me want another so badly! Happy birthday, gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, Marcus feeding Julia, heart melted. Happy 1st Birthday, sweet Julia! These are such precious pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, all the tears and feelings!!! I know the post is about Julia but all I can think about is you and what you're feeling. I'm sending the biggest virtual hug I can!

    Happy birthday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love these photos! Happy birthday pretty girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is such a beauty! What a milestone. Birthdays make me weepy too! And when she figures out the sleeping thing, tell her to let Finn know her secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brought tears to my eyes! She's such a beauty :) Happy #1, sweet Julia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's just so, so sweet! I'm so lucky to share a birthday with this cutie pie. :) I hope the celebration was everything you hoped for! That first one is such an emotional one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful post! Happy birthday Julia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got a little teary reading this - I can't believe she's one! She is adorable and I love the cake smash photos! Watching siblings together has got to be one of the best things ever. I wish we lived closer so our kiddos could play!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so precious!!! <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy birthday sweet Julia! These pictures are amazing and you have the prettiest babies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gracious! She is so sweet! All the feels on the last baby turning one...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happiest of First Birthdays!! These are just the sweetest of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to Julia! What a doll! She sounds so much like Tate!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday, Julia! She is a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now knowing that I'm going to have a girl, and seeing these pictures of Marcus and Julia, it just makes my heart burst because I can't wait to have the same of Rhys and Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete