8.04.2016

Beach Baby, Beach Baby There in the Sand

As I was staring down the final days of July, and looking on to the month of August - and Julia's rapidly approaching first birthday - it dawned on me that we hadn't made a trip to the beach *at all* this summer. Erroneous! 

After a solid round of pepping talking myself into accepting the challenge of toting both babes plus allllll the things that are mandatory for any beach trip (buckets and shovels and beach towels and sunscreen and water and snacks and all the props for a little photo shoot), we made it a point to hit up one of our favorite local beaches early one morning. 

It was the first time the little lady was able to really discover all the goodness a beach has to offer. 
There was digging little fingers and toes into the sand, taste testing said sand (on numerous occasions, I didn't even fight it), helping the big brother build (destroy) sand castles, feeling ocean waves lap little feet, and listening to the musical squeal of delight each time a new wave kissed her toes. 

It was a lot of work. But, oh my, was it worth it. 

18 comments:

  1. Awww, such fun photos. Love Julia's romper. I'd say she and Marcus had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love those balloons! And well.. of course I'm a fan of the babes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those balloons! I bet getting those in the car was exciting :)! Totally worth it though the shots are fantastic and something you will always remember I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are huge balloons! I love it. These are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's getting so big and she's so adorable!! I love her little romper and hat too! Looks like a very fun beach trip for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those balloons! Where did you get them?

    These are the most perfect beach pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy, all your hard work paid off, looks like you guys had a blast! Minus eating sand...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this is perfect! Love those balloons and these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you make a day at the beach with the littles look so so perfect! I love the mini photo shoot! Balloons at the beach should always be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures of Julia in the sand with the big balloons, perfect & adorable!I hope you end up with another beach loving water baby on your hands again!! The little romper she's in is just too much cute for one little baby girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those balloons are HUGE! Sweet little girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO worth it!!! LOVE the pictures with the balloons! I'm so impressed with you that you took both littles AND those GIANT balloons to the beach. Super mom! These photos turned out incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please put these in canvases!!! LOVE. Also Im bombing you with comments as Ive been a horrible blog friend this week, sorry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you take these photos? They are absolutely amazing! The balloons on the beach - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kudos for taking both kids and gear to the beach! Hope you had a glass of wine after :) Love the photos! I can't believe you fit those balloons in your car! They look huge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously cutest pictures EVER! The beach, the balloons, the baby! Everything is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete