11.27.2012

Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake


Now that we're well past Thanksgiving I think it's safe to move away from all the "what to do with your Turkey Day leftover" posts.

Not sure about you, but I for one, did not have many leftovers. We shared Thanksgiving with 17 family and friends, so the pickin's at the end of the day were pretty slim.

Side note: I was so incredibly sick on Thanksgiving that I didn't have any desire to go back for seconds, or thirds, or dessert. By 5:30 I was in bed while my guests were polishing off pumpkin pie and copious amounts of wine. Who gets sick on Thanksgiving?! I'm still bummed about it. :(

Anywho...

If you're looking for a dish that will fill you up, warm you up, and is more than easy to put together you've just hit the jackpot. And, odds are, you probably have most of the needed ingredients on hand. Double jackpot.
This creamy, savory, simple dish should leave even the pickiest palate pleased.

Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake
4 large chicken breast, seasoned, baked, and diced into bite size pieces (I used my Perfect Chicken recipe, delish!)
3 bags long grain wild rice
3 cups broccoli, chopped up into small bits
1 cup mushrooms (I had to leave these out, someone in this house refuses to eat mushrooms, or anything that comes into contact with mushrooms)
8 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 reduced fat)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup chicken broth
2 + 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh cracked pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 400.
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl (do not cook the rice or broccoli), save 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.
Spread mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheddar over top.
Bake, while covered for 40 minutes, or until dish is heated through.

Enjoy!

Source: Never Trust a Skinny Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment