11.14.2012

Baked Chicken Parmesan

I wonder if Scott ever wishes I'd surprise him with a big ol' juicy steak, or some pork chops for dinner? Give me a new chicken (or turkey, or seafood) recipe and I'll gladly accept the challenge. However, the thought of dealing with aforementioned meats kind of makes me nauseous. I'll just stick with the birds (no duck, no quail, no pheasant) and fish, thankyouverymuch.

Parmesan chicken has never really interested me. But, there was something about this recipe that I just had to try. Maybe it was because I had every needed ingredient on hand? Whatever the case, I loved this, Scott loved this, and  I hope you try it so you can love it, too.


Oh yeah, and did you notice it's a skinny version of Parmesan chicken?! Bonus points!


Baked Chicken Parmesan

4 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 8
3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
1 cup homemade marinara sauce (just leave the meat out and you're good to go - or grab your favorite store bought jar)

Preheat oven to 450.
Spray a large baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Lightly brush olive oil onto the chicken.
Dip chicken into breadcrumb mixture.
Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Turn chicken over and bake for another 5 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet from oven, spoon 1 Tbsp marinara sauce over each piece of chicken.
Top with 1 1/2 Tbsp Mozzarella cheese.
Return chicken to oven.
Bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Place your chicken atop your favorite whole wheat pasta and you have one complete, tasty, and good for you dish!

Nutrition Info

Serves 8
Calories - 225
Fat - 9g
Carbs - 14g
Fiber - 1.5g
Protein - 25g
Enjoy!


Source: Skinny Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment