8.31.2011

Turkey Meatballs

For the longest time I've been trying to find a good turkey meatball recipe. I've tried a few others that just weren't quite what we were looking for. But, last night I think we found a keeper.
Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 lb. ground turkey 
  • 1/2 onion, diced finely
  • 2 garlic cloves, diced finely (I used my garlic press, and I may have used 3 cloves:)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used the Italian flavored bread crumbs)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (to reduce prep time, and a trip to the grocery store I used the kind in the plastic canister, worked just fine)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 400
2) In a large bowl mix together turkey, onion, garlic, egg, milk, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning; use your hands, it's a bit messy, and kind of cold, but it's the only way!
3) Once well mixed, shape eight large meatballs and place on a baking sheet
4) Drizzle with olive oil, place in oven and bake for 25 minutes
Left: unbaked meatballs
Right: finished product
I cut through a meatball just to make sure they were cooked thoroughly.

These have been, by far, our favorite turkey meatball. They have a ton of flavor, they don't dry out, and one meatball is plenty for a healthy serving of pasta with marinara sauce. What may be even better than the delicious flavor is the fact that these have been the EASIEST and FASTEST turkey meatballs I've prepared!
Dinner is served!



Source: Everyday With Rachel Ray, March 2006

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious...can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete