7.13.2016

Fix #7

Time for another round of dress up and play fashion blogger!

For this Fix I asked my stylist, Raquel (hiiiiii!!), who nails my fixes each time, to send me a maxi fix. Specifically I was looking for dresses that would work for a multitude of reasons: to run errands around town, to dress up for an evening out, to be able to keep up with two kids while keeping me covered and comfortable. Per the usual, Raquel did not disappoint.
I love that Raquel takes the time to look at my posts on each fix, as well as browse my Pinterest board for ideas and inspiration. She's THE BEST!
I could have *easily* kept all the maxis, but this month I needed to be a bit more budget conscious (I am deep in the throws of planning a first birthday party, and that currently trumps my wardrobe).

On to the threads!!
Giilli || Jessie Knit Maxi Dress
This maxi fit like a freaking dream.
The color is just gorgeous. I love blue, and this shade is totally me. The v-neck and fabric are nursing friendly, can I get an Amen. The length was spot on, I wore wedges for the pictures, but could have easily switched to flats, no problem. And the detailed cinching at the bust was the perfect pop of texture to give the dress a little boost.
I wanted to keep this dress SO BADLY. But, it was just too similar to the Gilli dress I received in my last fix.

Verdict || Returned

BRIXON IVY || Janella Romper
The print of this romper is perfectly summer. But. I knew before I tried it on that it likely wouldn't make it on to a hanger in my closet.
It's cute enough, particularly with the 5 and under crowd. But, just getting into it was quite the production (so much wiggling, shimmy-ing, and shaking). I can only imagine the fiasco it would be trying to quickly use the restroom. With two littles running around the house I have all of .8 seconds to get in and out of the bathroom. This romper wouldn't allow for such a feat. It's also a bit short for my liking. I'm not fond of my legs, and something a little longer would leave me a little more comfortable.

Verdict || Returned

Gilli Arisha Striped Dress
The Gilli brand has my heart forever and ever. Everything I've ever tried on from them is so soft, and comfortable, and cute. This dress is no exception.
The cut of this dress is unlike any that I have in my closet, and I have very few everyday dresses that are this length. I love the twisted straps, giving a unique touch of detail. It's also nursing friendly, which is always a thumbs up in my book. And, navy and cream? Here's my money, Stitch Fix.
This will be perfect for running around town, a trip to the beach, or even out with Scott (who wants to baby-sit?).

Verdict || Kept

Loveappella || Jesse Knit Maxi Dress
I won't even pretend that the print on the style card didn't scare me. I thought surely this one would go right back into the return bag. And this, my friends, is exactly why I love Stitch Fix...
The empire waist is all sorts of flattering. The length is perfect. The colors! Oh my gosh, the colors are so bold and I just love them. I didn't think I'd like the cap sleeves, but guess what? I do. The fabric is so soft, with just the right amount of stretch (another nursing friendly dress, *praise hands*). This dress was made for my closet.

Verdict || Kept

Gorjana || Tamora Pendant Necklace
The only piece in this fix that left me underwhelmed was this necklace.
With exception to the Arisha Stripped Dress, I wore the pendant in all of the photos above.
While the piece is pretty enough, I just don't have a need for necklaces right now. Currently there are so many necklaces that just sit in my jewelry box. I know they likely won't see the light of day until Julia no longer wants to pull on shiny objects, and put all the things in her mouth. While no fault of stylist Raquel's, as I'm nearly positive I have accessories marked as 'ok' in my style profile, I think I'm going to have to remove jewelry until I can safely wear it without worrying if Julia is going to try and make a snack out of it.

Verdict || Returned

Though I only kept two pieces, I really wish I could have kept all the clothing items!

So, did I keep the right pieces? Should I have forgone the extra cupcakes for Julia's birthday and kept all the clothes?! Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Still haven't given Stitch Fix a shot? What are you waiting for?
For $20 a box, a personal stylist will hook you up with some fun, cute clothes. If you love what's sent your way, the $20 is then applied to your total. Don't love anything? The $20 is about what it would cost you in gas to head to the mall. Toss in the mandatory Starbucks you grab while shopping at said mall, and you've easily spent $20+. Not to mention, you get to have a little fashion show in the comfort of your own home (it is so awesome to be able pull pieces from your closet and jewelry box to see if they'll go well with a Stitch Fix item). Wins all around, if you ask me.

Give it a shot! It's honestly one of the most fun things I've done for myself in a very, very long time. It doesn't hurt that my wardrobe is seeing some major improvements from it as well.
Click here to get started on your profile (pssst, making a profile is free - you aren't charged a styling fee until you receive your fix).

27 comments:

  1. Love this fix!! Your stylist did a great job. You looked amazing in everything, but I definitely love what you kept. I would have kept the same things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fix was perfect! Everything looks so great on you, Desiree! I have one romper, but I don't wear it nearly enough because of the length. They are so darn short. haha!

    As for the Jesse Knit Maxi, that looks phenomenal on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, forget the cupcakes, hahahaha, kidding! I think you were very smart in what you kept. You saw where you had a need for an item and where you did not. Smart shopping in my opinion. And the items you did keep are perfection, they fit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see myself ever wearing a romper. I also have issues with maxi dresses being too long for my short self - you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those were some gorgeous dresses, love both of the ones you kept too! The romper/bathroom talk made me giggle. Can't even imagine how awkward that would be, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep she nailed it!!! What a fun fix for sure. U I love what you kept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your fix! You got great stuff and love what you kept - and even what you didn't keep! I may request that romper and hope its not too short on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing fix!! I feel the same way about rompers- cute on others but all the hassle using the restroom doesn't seem worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you have a rockin' bod you absolutely should have kept that romper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooooove that romper, but you're right, probably not the most versatile or best choice with toddlers in tow. However, those two dresses you kept are also amazing! I signed up for a maternity SF (coming in August) and I'm super excited to see what they send me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These dresses are sooooo pretty! Love them! I think finding a romper can be a journey. I tried on one at Gap and I was hyperventilating trying to get out of it. I thought I was going to have to buy it and get cut out of it... But then I found another and it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So bummed you returned the blue maxi - looked so awesome on you!!! And hello Skinny momma!!! Your hard work has paid off!!! (I'm super jealous of your dedication!) Great options, none of them looked bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that blue maxi... It looked amazing on you! You so should have kept it! I loved the dresses you did keep too. I'm such a fan of dresses! The romper looked great on you but I haven't bought one for the same reasons... How do people go to the bathroom????

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the dresses!! I need to sign up for Stitch Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You looked amazing in EVERYTHING!!! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stylist is AMAZING. I seriously want her as my stylist! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the clothes you got!!! Those dresses are perfection and you look amazing in them! I do love the items you kept the most but I wish you kept that blue Gilli dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your dresses! I am always too short for most maxi dresses so I am jealous that they fit you. I am not a fan of rompers, and the reasons why you returned it are good ones in my opinion. Bathroom trips must be quick, and that did not look like a quick outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your stylist really nailed it again! I may have to request her next time :) I LOVE all the dresses! I have a few maxis but haven't really worn them this summer, but now I want to! I adore that striped dress, and love that so many of these are nursing friendly. I too can't wear necklaces currently; I'd rather not be strangled by my kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look drop dead amazing in that blue dress. While you have something similar, there is something about this color on you that makes me wish you could have kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh! What an amazing fix! Your look flawless in it all. But my favorite was actually the romper. You are silly for. It loving those toned & tanned legs of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha I love that - Take my money, Stitch Fix. I LOVE that last patterned dress - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved it all too! That romper is super cute, but I never thought about the getting into part! You have such a great figure for all those dresses too! Good choices! They are really on point with you, your last couple have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You looked so Ah-mazing in the 1st blue maxi! It looked like it was made specifically for you & you looked awesome rocking your 2 kiddo mom bod! Although, I do understand not being able to justify keeping it since you already have a similar maxi in your closet!! I don't understand the fascination with rompers at all. They're cute n all on those super skinny models in magazines but I can't even get myself to bother to try one on- all I can ever think about is how inconvenient they are for having to use the restroom. Who wants to get naked to pee!?!? Not me, that's who!! The 2 dresses you ended up keeping look great though & I hope you thoroughly enjoy them both, especially the last maxi with the bold colored pattern! Your fixes are always so great & you've really lucked out making such a great match with your stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Jessie Maxi is perfect for you, pretty lady! The color and the fit, perfection! But, if you have a similar one I agree with not keeping it. I love the romper on you, but I have the same reservations about them as you do. Do you have to completely undress to go to the restroom each time? With a bb bladder like mine, I don’t think a romper is ideal. They sure are cute, though! So glad you kept that striped dress and the Jesse maxi. They look SO cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great fix!! That blue is a fabulous color on you & girlfriend you are freaking rocking that romper!!! Totally understand why you sent it back though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That blue maxi is the bees knees! And I love the romper too, but no idea how you'd ever use the bathroom. Totally agree with that part. I'm so glad you liked something you didn't think you would. That is a fun part about stitch fix.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved this fix so much! Pinned that necklace for my stylist. :)

    ReplyDelete