2.09.2012

7Up Biscuits

This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for quite some time now, and I was waiting for the right time to give these a go. Last night was such a night.

I'm no baker. Cooking is more my thing. But, let me tell you, these puppies look easy, and ARE easy! Due to such ease I'm not sure how much this actually constitutes baking... In any case, they're super delicious.

7Up Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sour cream (as usual I used the reduced fat kind)
1/2 cup 7up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into Bisquick mix, then add 7up; you will have a soft dough.
Sprinkle your counter with a little Bisquick mix, then add your dough and pat it out.
Melt butter and pour into a 9-inch square baking pan.
Cut your dough; I used a pizza cutter to zip through the dough and it worked like a charm (you should end up with nine biscuits approximately 2"x2").
Place your biscuits in your baking pan, atop the melted butter.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
These were great served with dinner, but would be fabulous with breakfast. There's a good possibility after dinner I was hungry (shocking), so I put a little strawberry jelly on one of the biscuits and it was simply glorious.

As I mentioned, I found this recipe on my addiction Pinterest. The original recipe came from Monster Momma, whom I am now following. Almost all of her recipes left my mouth watering. Take a second to check out her blog... Tell me you don't see anything that looks scrumptious!
Source: Monster Momma, originally posted by Plain Chicken (whom I am now also following)

No comments:

Post a Comment