2.28.2012

Baby Macke Update - Week 36

On the home stretch!!

A few weeks ago I didn't think it was possible to expand any further. I was wrong. So wrong. I'm not huge, I'm ginormous. If I/we go the full 40 weeks I will be a TANK!
How far along? 36 weeks.
Maternity clothes? These sweats, mesh shorts and yoga pants aren't going any where. Odds are, when Baby M arrives we'll leave the hospital and I'll still be snuggled up in my sweats. :)
Stretch marks? Nope. Nada. None. Not much longer. Let's hope I can keep a stretch-mark-free belly!
Sleep? Not so much. There's just no comfort to be found, anywhere. Even the couch isn't providing as much comfort as it had been.
Best moment this week: We had our last appointment with the OB yesterday. We took one last peak at Baby M via ultrasound. It's so amazing to think the next time we see the little guy it won't be by an ultrasound; the next time we see the little man, he'll be in our arms!
The doctor also noted Baby is curently about six pounds, and in the Frank Breech position. Stubborn little fella.
In related news: my doctor called and has the version scheduled for next Friday.
Miss anything? I'm very aware sleep will be marginal when Baby M arrives, but I CANNOT wait to sleep on my back again. I'm also looking forward to easily getting up out of chairs, as well as putting on shoes and socks with ease.
Movement: Baby M is all over. I THINK he's trying to get out of the breech position. It's not unusual to see/feel his head moving along the side of my stomach. I just don't think there's enough room for the little guy to flip around to where he's supposed to be.
Food cravings: Move over Shamrock Shakes (not that I wouldn't be happy as a clam with one in hand right now), but Rainbow Sorbet is at the top of my list these days. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Peanuts and peanut butter, which stinks, because pre-pregnancy I liked PB&J sandwiches! And, Scott continues to eat peanut butter toast - EVERY night. Ugh.
Labor signs? I've experienced a few things, of which I'll spare you the details, that have me thinking Baby M's arrival is near - woohoo!
Symptoms: I'm huge. That has to be a symptom, right? And, I'm hungry. Always. 
Belly button in or out? My poor belly button is having an identity crisis. Some days it looks as if the belly button is popping out and other days it seems to be flush with the rest of my stomach.
Linea nigra? Such a faint little line that's traversing up my stomach. 
Wedding ring on or off? The bands of bling are comfortably on.
Happy or moody most of the time? The best person to be asking this question is probably Scott. Of course I think I'm always happy. Scott may have a varying opinion on that. :)
Looking forward to:  Meeting with my doctor this Friday for our regular check-up; we'll also go over details for the version. Say a little prayer Baby decides to figure out which way he's supposed to be positioned, and maybe we can avoid this version all together.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe next week is already full term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, me either! I'm so ready to meet the little man!

      Delete