12.06.2017

Perfect Gifts With Mpix

I received product in exchange for a review. All opinions are honest and my own.
Let's talk Christmas gifts.

Typically, Scott is the type of guy who wants for nothing, asks for nothing, and is completely happy with what he already has. Except for the months of November and December. I noticed in the last four weeks Scott has bought so many things for himself (which is rare the other 11 months out of the year) that I've thought, "That would have made such a good gift!" I even suggested to him to STOP shopping for himself so I could put a few gifts under the tree for him.

Then there are our parents. Year after year we ask for gift ideas, and year after year we get the same replies, "We don't need anything. We don't want anything."

This makes for really challenging gift giving. And, I really don't want to give gifts that sit and collect dust, or ultimately make their way to a trash can.

I'm positive that this year I've come up with some gifts that hold a lot of sentiment, won't create clutter, and will be looked upon year after year with fondness.

For as long as I've been alive giving Christmas ornaments is a tradition my family has held, and one tradition I intend to keep. So, each year I look for the perfect ornament to give family members, grandparents and husband included.

This year Mpix came to the rescue with ornaments for the whole family. A metal ornament with our family photo from our session this Fall, and our names and year are right on the ornament. There is no way I could have found anything better in a brick and mortar store.

As for Scott I wanted to give something he could use to spruce up his desk at work.

The last time I visited his office there were a few hand drawn pictures from Marcus, but other than that, his space was pretty barren. I thought a metal print, from Mpix, with a collection of photos from this year's family session would brighten things up a bit.

Mpix also spurred me to think ahead with Thank Yous. For each gift we receive writing a thank you note is absolutely mandatory. For the first time ever, I placed an order for personalized Thank You cards. I love that we will be able to send out photos of our family that didn't quite make the holiday card this year. I'm pretty sure personalized thank you notes are going to become another tradition we implement.

If it weren't for all the fabulous options from Mpix, I might still be sitting here trying to figure out what to get for the most difficult gift recipients. And, let's just hope those recipients decided not to read today's post...

I'd love to know what some of your best gift ideas are - specifically for spouses and grandparents. Let me know by dropping a line in the comments!

Lastly. If you're new to Mpix, when you sign up for an Mpix account you will receive $10 off your order of $25 or more.

6 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! A great way to keep those amazing family pictures around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard SUCH good things about Mpix but have never bought anything from them. I think this needs to change. I need to find gifts for some hard people to shop for (i.e. grandparents and great grandma) and I think these would be perfect! I also love that you got to share all your other family photos that didn't make the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the quality of MPIX. I use their site to print all my photos and have since Connor was 2 months old. There product is worth the extra money in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me almost two hours to make a decision on what to order from Mpix!! So many great personalized photo options! Im so gkad to hear the metal ornaments are great, I got 2? 3? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like the older we all get the harder it is to think of gift ideas. At least in our family! Everyone usually just buys what they want throughout the year. But, personalized gifts are always the way to go! You just can't beat those.

    ReplyDelete