4.12.2013

Soaked + Smiling = Success

If there's one thing that's pretty constant about our area it's the weather. On any given day it's sunny and right around 72 degrees. Fabulous weather to be outside, but not ideal for swimming.

I'm next to positive I have a little water bug on my hands, and this thrills me. However, the pool has been far too cold to swim and the park offers limited things for our little man. While I love our "baby gym" it just doesn't beat being outside and playing. 

For sometime now I've been looking for fun alternatives for all the aforementioned things. Shawna posted on one of the best purchases she's made for her girls (who are too cute for words), and I knew I needed to follow suit. As soon as I finished reading Shawna's post I marched out and solved our little indoor/outdoor issue.
 May I introduce you to our newest favorite toy. The water table!!!
Marcus was a little timid with it at first... But, it didn't take long for him to warm up to the idea of splishing and splashing.
Within minutes the kid was giggling and SOAKED.
He even thought it'd be a good idea to work on his bubbles. Only problem, kid has no idea how to actually blow bubbles... We're working on that.
Eventually we just said see ya' to clothes. He was happier in the buff anyway.

Marcus played his little heart out for a solid 30 minutes. Note, playing with any one thing, at any given time never lasts for more than 45 seconds. Miracle toy right here!

Moral of the story, if you have a water bug, but it's not quite warm enough to go for a dip in the pool, get a water table!

16 comments:

  1. I wanted to buy a water table for my older daughter and I never got around to it. I may buy one this summer and see if both of them will enjoy it. It looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to get one of these for Jackson. I think he would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blowing bubbles? I thought he maybe just watched Drake drinking all the time and was thirsty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it stops snowing here I will have to get one for Mav! He looks like he's having such a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are so cute! Yay for water toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, he's so stinkin cute - and I love the new picture on your header :) my bug loves water play at school - Ive never bought one because we dont really have anywhere for it - but it is quite the genius little toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is awesome! if it ever warms up here I will have to get one for Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. My godson has a little pirate ship one just like this!! They are so adorable playing with it!!
    And I am so jealous of your constant beautiful weather. Want to trade?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Def getting one of these this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I'm glad he loves it!! Love that picture of his face in the water LOL. Looks like you found a fun one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks like he is having a blast. Btw, I love your new picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is the cutest little thing!!! I wish our weather would warm up to the 70"s...that would be a miracle!!! We had snow yesterday....uuggggg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's the name of the table you got for him? My daughter would love one of these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's the name of the table you got for him? My daughter would love one of these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the name of the table, but I picked it up at Buy Buy Baby. I know Babies R Us also has them. The water table is a huge hit at our home!

      Delete