6.14.2012

Yogurt Pancakes

Greek yogurt is seriously the best stuff on earth. Why was I not introduced to this sooner?! If you haven't checked out the Peanut Butter Fruit Dip you must! The use of Greek yogurt in that is awe-some! The use of the yogurt in these pancakes is equally as awesome.

I'm not even a breakfast food fan. Heck, as a general rule, I don't even really like pancakes. But, this recipe called to me. Honestly, I just want to use this yogurt where ever I can. And, since I've purchased about six containers of the good stuff in the past three days this recipe keeps staring me down (the recipe is right on the yogurt container). Beat it Bisquick, there's a new pancake in our house!

These are light, fluffy, and even for the non-pancake fan, they are good!
P.S. You probably have all these ingredients in your pantry, so there's really no excuse not to make these.

Yogurt Pancakes
1 1/2 cups no fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (totally optional, I put cinnamon in about anything I think it will taste good)
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
Combine all ingredients.
For each pancake use no more than 1/4 cup batter - these puppies expand!
Cook to desired done-ness.
Flip, cook to desired done-ness.
Top with your favorite toppings.
Check out these nutrition facts:
Calories: 45 - FORTY-FIVE, THAT'S IT!!!
Fat: 1 gram
Carbs: 13 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Make these. Seriously. I'll just go ahead and say it now, you're welcome.
Source:  Chobani

No comments:

Post a Comment