4.17.2015

Week 23

Week 23!
It's crazy to think in just one week we'll be about 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy. 

Size of Baby // According to My Pregnancy app, M² is the size of large mango, or over 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound.

Cravings // There haven't been too many cravings. But, just yesterday I had a hankering for a cream filled chocolate Long John. A) I don't particularly care for chocolate. B) Never in my life have I ever wanted a Long John. So random. Needless to say, I didn't cave to that one. Who knows what kind of downward spiral I would be headed if I gave into that one.

Symptoms // The peeing. The crazy emotional outbursts (sorry, Scott!). The belly. The boobs. The usual. 

Movement // Yep. So much movement all the time. And those kicks and jabs are strong enough that they can now be felt easily by my guys. If I'm being honest, the movement is about the only part of pregnancy I actually like.

Miss Anything // Besides a good beer when the days are really hot I honestly haven't been missing too much. 

Sleep // If Marcus didn't wake twice a night to pee, and I didn't wake twice a night to pee, I'm sure my sleep would be amazing.

Clothing // Mostly maternity and the comfy workout stuff. However, the pants in the above photo are non-maternity, and are actually the first time I've really ever worn them (of course I had to secure the button with the trusty hair tie trick, but I'm still kind of pumped they fit in all other regions!). 

Best Part of the Week/ Looking Forward To… //
1. Yosemite was simply fabulous. I can't wait to share all about it. However, after the trip I was just exhausted and needed a few days to recoup and get back into the swing of things. I'll have a few posts up about all the fun and beauty next week.
2. Marcus and I took Grandma Kathy to Disney last week and had about the best time ever.
3. I have the "BIG" ultrasound this afternoon. I'm really hoping for a good 3D shot of M², and just taking a peek at her sweet little self is exciting in itself.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. It still blows my mind you're not a chocolate person! That said I'm not really a donut person so good call on not giving to that random craving :) Yay for Disney fun! Oh and ultrasounds too! As for Marcus and sleep - Callie used to wake us at night to go potty too. Then we put one of those little pottys in her room at night. She just uses that if she needs to - all by herself without waking anyone! Might help you get a little more sleep if he takes to it! Oh and yes the bathroom is like 2 steps from her room but she's so programed to not leave in her sleepy state doesn't recognize that we said it was ok to leave for the potty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the ultrasound, my favorite!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Hope the ultrasound goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, give me all the donuts! That's probably why my weight gain has been so steady, but still in an acceptable range! You look fabulous! Enjoy the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long johns just always sound good to me...
    I agree with Jenny maybe an in room potty? I saw that elsewhere a few months back and logged it in the memory for when Aria does the potty training bit.
    Exciting for an ultrasound!!! And the movement is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I'm actually kinda surprised that you're not a chocolate person since you stock piled that Ghirardelli box full of chocolates when we were together lol. Maybe you're only a fan of GOOD chocolate??
    And ok, this might sound mean buuuuut that picture of you, your mom and Marcus. LOVE. You and your mom look so happy and Marcus looks like "gosh mom, another photo? cheeeeeese. can I enjoy this ride now?" LOL! Boys.
    Lookin' good mama! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doughnuts and chocolate. I would eat my weight in them if I could.

    I love the little belly sticking out! I can't believe you are almost to the 2/3 point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so so so amazing!!! Also, I can't believe no one else has asked...maybe I'm living under a rock, but what the heck is a long john?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Chocolate! I'm not pregnant, nor even on my period, but I made Justin go and get me a bag of Hershey's minis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, long johns- I love those! Chocolate is definitely my weakness. Oh yes, the nightly peeing. I'm with you; I don't particularly enjoy pregnancy, except for the movement. Love that photo of you all at Disney and I love that you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a chocolate person either, but craved it when I was pregnant with Mason! Yosemite looked like lots of fun! And can’t wait to hear about Disney and the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete