3.13.2013

Not Fruit Punch Punch

I'm deep in the throws of planning Marcus' birthday. For the most part I feel like I'm pretty set with everything, except the drinks. This is a party for a 1-year old, so "adult" beverages aren't too high on my list. A big glass of boozy punch does sound mighty tasty, but with munchkins running around, probably not a great idea.

Fruit punch is about the last thing I want to serve. I can't stand the stuff. Just thinking about it kind of gives me the willies. Gross. Lucky for me, my mom made a punch for my high school graduation that was kind of amazing. If I had to guess, I probably had 481 glasses of it at my open house. Ah, to have the metabolism of an 18-year old.

I digress...

Marcus' birthday colors are red and brown, so I had to make some changes. Let me tell you, my version of the punch is just as fan-freakin-tastic as the original.

Not Fruit Punch Punch
1 can raspberry lemonade frozen concentrate
1 - 2 liter Ginger ale
1 - 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet
I plan to use some red food coloring to assist in a redder color
Ice cubes as needed to keep cool

Combine all ingredients in a large container and mix well.
The lemonade gives the punch a nice little tang, keeping the flavor from getting too sweet with the abundance of raspberry. I love this stuff. Love, love, love it.

Next time you're in need of a punch that isn't fruit punch give this one a go and get back to me on how many glasses you downed!

11 comments:

  1. that stuff is the best! my mom made the raspberry for my baby shower and marissa's first birthday. and we made the orange for our wedding. i can drink an entire punch bowl of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds amazing! I might have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy! I may have to try this (with a little vodka) at our next Bunco party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! It is making me thirsty for punch! I need to have an event so I can make some of this punch. Could that event, be Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will add raspberry vodka when I come to visit and see how many glasses we down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that sounds amazing! :) Thank you, I'm adding it to my party ideas for my boys' next birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I would've had this recipe a month ago! Our punch didn't turn out so well.. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome! Thanks for the recipe! I wonder if it'd be good with limeade too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! This sounds like the perfect Spring/Winter drink! Completely making this. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete