4.16.2013

A Runner's Prayer

What happened in Boston yesterday is incomprehensible. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all.
The spectators should have been cheering along those who were crossing the most iconic runner's finish line...
The athletes who dedicated so many hours of training, so much sweat, and most likely some tears...
When people should have been running toward a finish line they were dashing away from it.
A day that should have been filled with joy and accomplishment was cut short by devastation.
So much sadness.
Such senselessness.

To all those affected at the Boston Marathon, I extend my thoughts and prayers.

Source
A Runner’s Prayer

Run by my side – live in my heartbeat,
Give strength to my steps.
As the cold confronts and the wind pushes,
I know you surround me.
As the sun warms and the rain cleanses,
I know you are reaching out –
                        Challenging me; loving me.
And so I give you this run – my effort, my life.
Thank you for matching my stride. 
Amen. 

10 comments:

  1. Such a horrible tragedy this is. I can not imagine the fear of those who attended the race. As a runner it broke my heart thinking of how much training they had put in, the excitement of running the race, the thrill of seeing the finish line in sight and all of that to be torn apart by such a tragedy. Those who were there to cheer on a loved one and in a split second have to deal with something I pray no one else ever has to go through. My prayers are certainly with them.

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get teared up everytime I read something about yesterdays events. My heart is aching for those people and for that city. Pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiree, I may be on the other side of the world but we are all affected by the events at the Boston Marathon - so random, so horrible. Thinking of all my friends in the US today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is breaking for everyone there. What a horrible tragedy at an event that should have been so joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so saddened. I can't understand how anyone could do such a thing. Such evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this prayer
    I can't believe what happened yesterday... It doesn't make any sense but then there are so many things that are happening anymore that are just awful.
    I am praying that those affected will soon find peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete