7.26.2011

Sunshine Saturday BBQ Chicken

Scott and I try to volunteer at a food kitchen during our free Saturdays. It is one of the most rewarding things we've done, thus far, as a couple.

This Saturday, due to a surprise surf session Scott set up, we were not able to get to the food kitchen. However, we did donate food. This weeks menu was one I suggested, and the recipe is so easy, and good, I just had to share it with everyone I know - and to anyone who would be thankful for another meal.

This recipe is courtesy of a friend who blogs about all the yummy meals she makes (if I had the funds, I'd fly her to L.A. to become my personal chef). If you're looking for some amazing recipes to try I urge you to follow her blog http://justaddasliceoflove.blogspot.com/

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

4- boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet - Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 - Small Yellow Onion(sliced)
4 TBs - Butter *
10 oz bottle Buffalo Wing Sauce **
Bleu Cheese Crumbles ***
Provolone Cheese
Sandwich buns 


* I omitted the butter.
** Because LA has no idea what BBQ is, or Buffalo Chicken for that matter, I had to use a generic BBQ sauce that can be found at any grocery store.
*** I omitted the bleu cheese crumbles.


Slice the onion and layer it on the bottom of the crock pot
Add the chicken breast atop the onion
Sprinkle the Ranch packet on top of the chicken
Add the Buffalo, or BBQ sauce, on top of the ranch/chicken
Here's the chicken after I shredded it - and yes, crockpot liners are one of the best things to have in your kitchen!


Let the chicken sit in the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours
When an hour of time is remaining, shred the chicken and add the bleu cheese (optional)
Continue to cook for the remaining hour
When finished cooking, add chicken/onion mix to buns, add a slice of provalone, and waalaah! 
It's no Jack Stack, or Oklahoma Joe's, but it sure does taste good when you don't have those around!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment