12.08.2015

Secret Santa, Revealed

A few weeks back mention of a Secret Santa book exchange was floating around the blogging world. Reading and books are a big deal in our house (next to sleeping and running, reading is my favorite thing to do), and last year I missed the boat with this exchange. I wasn't about to let that happen a second time. Naturally I couldn't pass this year's goodness up, and I promptly signed Marcus, Julia, and myself up.

Shortly after the signup a package arrived in the mail with three brand spanking new books. *And then the Hallelujah Chorus played* I mean, is there anything better than a new book? I think not. 
Marcus and I had a grand old time tearing into the packages. Marcus was very helpful about opening up both his gift and mine.

The Llama Llama books have been a fan favorite around our house for some time, but we've always just checked them out from the library. Marcus now has his own copy of Llama Llama Red Pajama - and it's quickly become a nightly staple with the bed time books. 
Julia's library is considerably smaller than Marcus', and we are slowly working to build hers up. Added to her collection thanks to this exchange, Dear Zoo. And I have to say, though it is technically hers, Marcus has enjoyed it during our bedtime book routine. 
I was so lucky to receive The Girl in the Spider's Web. I loved the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, and this author is following up where Stieg Larsson left off. I'm itching to get started on this one (I just have to finish up the current book I'm reading)
The biggest thank you to Jamie and Nicklas from The Jamie's + 1 for selecting the most perfect books for us!

I was Secret Santa to Elizabeth and Mason. Shopping for them was so much fun! To see what goodies I sent their way be sure to swing over to Chasin' Mason!

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! So glad you all love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE new books and those are some great ones! I participated in this too but with moving we haven't received them yet. Dang post office. I'm hoping soon. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Llama books!! Isn't it fun to be building another (girl) library! I am having as much fun buying girl books as I am buying girl clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the Llama Llama books, too! I feel like we can never have enough books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! I loved this exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I loved the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series - you'll have to let me know how you like The Girl in the Spider's Web!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books!!! Dear Zoo is Mim's favorite book of all time. And we love all the Llama Llama books too! I haven't read Spider Web yet, but it's on my list! Excellent choices! Jamie did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Llama llama is one of my favorite children's book series, too! Kinsey loves Red Pajamas. Best exchange, hsnds down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Llama Llama series is one of our favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun we are huge Llama llama fans and I have never even seen that zoo book :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those books look super fun! We have the zoo book and it's great - Callie still enjoys it so it should be a fun Julia/Marcus book! Also I love how your new blog design is coming along!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard such great things about Dear Zoo, but we've never read that one. Llama llama is however a fave in this house. I'm not sure we actually own any though, we just borrow them often! Good package!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for books! I loved this exchange too; one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete