12.09.2015

Christmas Photo Challenge Recap

How are we this far into December already? Wasn't Thanksgiving just yesterday? No? Thankfully I'm about 99% done with Christmas shopping, so that task is all but done. However, that doesn't mean I'm any more ready for this month to fly by as fast as it already has!

With that said - December is the perfect month to capture festive moments. Thankfully Stephanie was on her game (yet again) this year and created a photo challenge. Each day a different word prompts participants to capture a moment or memory based on the word of the day. I'm still deciding what I love more, the challenge itself, the photos taken, or the creative twists that can be applied to so many of the prompts.

Anyway.... Without further adieu, here's a look at the last week and the photos I captured based on each prompt.

1. Selfie
I was quickly called out for this not technically being a selfie. So, round two.

2. Red
A photo posted by Desirée (@desireemacke) on
Because, Target. Obviously.

  3. Lights
They are my brightest lights.

  4. Sweets
A photo posted by Desirée (@desireemacke) on
Obviously I nailed breakfast.

  5. Santa
Marcus got to play Santa and donate a toy to someone who may be a little less fortunate than him.

6. Tradition
I've used this calendar to countdown to Christmas for as long as I can remember. Now my kids are doing the same thing with the exact same calendar.

7. Gift
Our elf doesn't leave gifts every night. But, occasionally he will leave a little something for Marcus and Julia.

8. Music
I thought this would be fun and festive for us to listen to while in the car. Apparently I thought wrong.

Follow me on InstaGram (desireedudding) as the #2015ChristmasMoments photo challenge continues!

9 comments:

  1. You've done so great with this challenge. The red is #awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your new look! Is this from Designer Blogs? It looks like her style, but I don't remember seeing this one when I was searching for a new look. You've done great with the challenge! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, this month is flying by! Luckily we finished up our shopping save a few stocking stuffers for Andy's dad and brother yesterday. Now the big task of wrapping everything. I used to love wrapping and decorating the packages but this year and last I just want to wrap them and put a sticky bow on and call it good. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this challenge! Your pictures are awesome! I can't believe how quickly the month is going by either. Way too fast! It's needs to slow down a bit and let us continue to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute header!!! Ill have to go over on the PC to grab your button :) I love how youre recapping the Photo Challenge on your blog! Im so behind I may be ahead lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are totally killing this challenge girl Love that usie and I know some little girls who need that Christmas c.d. too. Of all the photo challenges this one is always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your selfie skills with the tree of you amaze me! Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete