Two weeks ago Marcus had his well-baby visit and everything checked out great. Our doctor confirmed that Marcus, is in fact, a big kid. If Marcus continues to grow at this rate he has the potential to be around 6' 2"ish.
Height: 33 1/4"
Weight: 28 pounds - he's like carrying a small tank around
Teeth: 17 - the doctor had no concerns with his extra incisor.
Words: A handful: "momma", "dada", "oh no", "no, no, no" and occasionally "buh-bye".
Clothes - 2T, shoes - 5
At the appointment I voiced concern that Marcus wasn't saying many words. Our doctor wasn't worried. My brother was almost 2 before he really started talking, and delayed speech is apparently very hereditary. The doctor also noted that Marcus is VERY busy (like I didn't know this), and that sometimes kids who are so focused on mobility take a little longer before they become verbal. At the next appointment we will reevaluate and see if we need to visit a speech pathologist.
Lately Marcus has been:
- Climbing on ev-ry-thing!
- Legitimately trying to eat his food with silverware.
- We no longer walk. We run.
- Screaming. Yikes. We are going to have to work on our "inside" voices.
- Showing off blowing bubbles.
- Attempting to jump - though Marcus' toes never leave the ground. It's kind of hilarious.
- Dancing. It is the cutest to watch the little man bounce around in his attempt to "dance."
- Plugging his ears. Marcus has discovered his sense of hearing, and loves to plug his ears.
- Engaging in conversation... Though we have NO clue what the heck he's saying, he seems to really try and engage in conversation. If only we could understand the little man!
- Opening and closing doors - repeatedly. Oh my gosh, I think the kid would do this all day if I let him.
- Testing Scott's and my patience. A lot. Marcus will do something he is not supposed to (i.e. stand on the couches), and we will ask/tell him to sit. He is such a defiant little bugger, and will purposely look at us and laugh as he stands up on the couch. What a turd!!
|We keep things classy around here.|