5.01.2013

Meet Izzy

Sunday while I was dying running the half Scott was working on bringing home a kitten I'd been eyeing at our local animal shelter.

Without making this too long, poor Scott had to deal with two other women, and their (snotty teen) kids, who all wanted the same kitten as us. Being the awesome husband he is he did everything to ensure the kitten I'd been eyeing for over a week came home to us. Good job babe!
I forgot how much fun (and work) a kitten can be. This little girl is all about playing. In fact, it's taken me 7,903 times longer to get this post put together because apparently I am a scratching post, climbing toy, and obstacle course for Izzy. There are more scratches up and down my arms than I care to count at this point. And, if I don't stop typing for a few minutes to play with her she will come and lie on the computer keyboard. What a little turd. We've had her three days and she's already quite the handful.

Drake and Marcus are adjusting to life with Izzy quite nicely as well.
There are still some hisses and growls, but it's often Drake who backs down, not the other way around. HA! Drake is such a gentle giant.
Every time Marcus sees Izz he gives it everything he has to get his little mitts on her. Needless to say, Izzy does a pretty good job of stay just out of Marcus' reach.
Smart little kitty found the perfect place to stay in on all the action, but out of Marcus' way.

Something tells me watching Izzy and Marcus grow up together is going to provide us with plenty of laughs.

17 comments:

  1. She is sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how fun. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet! i want a little fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new addition! What a fun little playmate for Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of the cat and Marcus are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Izzy! You are just too precious! I love the little spots of white she has! Callie will be 14 in August, so I will admit I've completely forgotten what kitten-hood is like. I'm sure it's a big adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures!! I want a cat. A big fat one. But I don't want a litter box :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another best friend for Marcus! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is really the cutest ball of fur! I'm so glad that you guys got her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, how cute! Good job to your hubby for winning the kitty battle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How Adorable!!! This makes me want a kitty!!! I shall refrain!
    Please take and share lots and lots of pictures of her and Marcus playing. I just know they will be precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so sweet, 50 lbs and I try to talk hubs into getting one for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Izzy is soooo adorable! So glad you got her =) We had our 2 cats before our dog, and I'll tell you, the cats own the house! Even though the dog is 20 times bigger than the cats...the dog always backs down! I bet Marcus just loves the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I think having a kitten would be so much fun with my little boys right now but I am just not up for another responsibility in my life right now ;) Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love seeing super cute videos of toddlers and pets! So, I'll be expecting to see a lot of those pictures more frequently!
    morrellfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! I love watching children with animals. It's the best thing! My nephew who is 3 gets crazy, excited when he comes over and sees my dog and cat.

    Izzy's tail is gonna get pulled a few times, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute!! This makes me want a kitty! Too bad I have terrible allergies! I'm looking forward to hearing about her and Marcus's adventures!

    ReplyDelete