10.04.2012

Pumpkin Bread

It has been INSANELY HOT around these parts. I'm talking, air-conditioner-BLASTING-all-freakin'-day H.O.T. By the beach it was in the mid 90s. That just isn't supposed to happen.

Folks, it's supposed to feel like fall. I want to bust out all things fall. Finally I said "skip it," to this brutal, unusual, painful, horrible heat. I want pumpkin-y, apple-y, fall foods. And, that is exactly what I did. I pulled out my rebel card and turned. my. oven. on!

Right now there are about 6 million pumpkin recipes out there. I figured I'd better jump on the wagon and get to baking with my favorite fall-inspired food.

I understand I've been throwing a lot of bread recipes your way lately. I'd say sorry, but if I did I'd be lying. Each bread recipe has been fantastic, and you should try all of them. And, with a 6 month old who naps for 30 minutes at a time, bread is about the only thing I can whip up during those nap sessions.

This bread I pieced together with other bread recipes, and I could not be happier with the outcome. What's even better, Scott doesn't like pumpkin. You're asking, why is that good? More bread for me. Muahahahaha.

If you're looking for something easy to break in your fall baking I highly recommend this. It's perfect with a little butter and a steamy hot cup of coffee.

And, to all of you enjoying actual fall weather, I'm jealous. VERY, VERY jealous.

Pumpkin Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
4 Tbsp butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease loaf pan.
Mix together all ingredients, add pumpkin and flour last.
Pour batter into loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I'm searching for a good spread for this bread, if you have any stellar suggestions I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. Laughing Cow has a bunch of new low-fat cream cheeses - Maybe the new Cinnamon Cream would be good?

    http://www.thelaughingcow.com/products/new-smooth-sensations-cream-cheese-spread/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome idea! Just added that to my grocery list!

      Delete